Victor

VICTOR

VICTOR

I was in my makeshift science lab at Fire Company 8 trying to figure out adolla bursts when the door slams open, and in storms y/n. y/n hadn't been here long, being brought in a couple of weeks after me but we clicked and got along. If the company were already suspicious about me, imagine how they acted when y/n spoke to me and asked what I was working on. y/n didn't have a bad bone in their body and could be naive when it came to other people's perceptions of them. They were a good recruit and had gotten the company out of a few sticky situations, but that was part of y/n's downfall.

y/n always wanted to prove themselves worthy, even though they didn't have to because everyone at the company knew their worth and the company would be worse off without their presence. y/n sometimes let others walk all over them, stating that if it helped it shouldn't be a big deal. No matter how many times I told them to stand their ground and say no whenever Captain Obi or Lieutenant Hinawa asked them to do more work than the other recruits, they wouldn't listen and continued to do whatever was asked of them without question.

Today, however, when y/n stormed into my lab, I sensed something off about their usual cheery demeanour, but that could also be because of the way they looked like they wanted to kill someone.

'I'm always going to be the expendable one, aren't I?' y/n asks, defeat in their voice and sadness taking the place of their earlier anger.

I stand up and walk over to them, hating to see them this way, I wanted to see them smile again, 'maybe to them, but to me, you're irreplaceable. What did they do?'

y/n sighs loudly, 'Shinra and Arthur got into a fight on the job, and they left me to deal with two infernals on my own. I managed to fight one of them but the second one knocked me about a bit. When they stopped arguing they took out the second one, just as the others ran in making them look amazing and me a fool.'

Before I can stop myself, I find myself hugging y/n, 'they gamble with your life again and I'll destroy them.'

y/n rests their head on my shoulder, 'they're fighting for a good cause Victor.'

'And so am I; you,' I reply honestly.

y/n glances up at me and gives me a weak smile, which I'd take over no smile, 'looks like we only have one another to rely on in this place.'

I nod, 'and that's all we need.'