Shinra

Y/N

Ever since Shinra and the rest of company 8 had come back from The Nether things had changed, each member is affected differently and it was your job to try and make everyone smile again. For days all Shinra could talk about was his little brother and how he was going to save him, he was the hardest to make smile again.

You wake up early and head to the station to make everyone breakfast, which had become a routine for you. However this morning you were shocked to find Shinra in the station kitchen attempting to cook.

'Err Shinra what are you doing?' you ask jokingly from the doorway.

Shinra jumps, nearly dropping the pot he was carrying, 'you always make us breakfast, so I wanted to help you out because you do so much for us.'

You awe internally at his sweetness but grimace at the mess he'd already made, knowing it would need to be cleaned before the captain and lieutenant got in. However, this was the happiest you'd seen Shinra in a long time so you decide not to scold but help out.

'Thank you, Shinra. Why don't I help so we can get this done quicker?'

Shinra runs his fingers through his hair, 'that would be great y/n, I don't usually cook.'

The two of you work side by side, you cooking while Shinra observed and cleaned. You leave Shinra to put the food on the table while you head to the fridge to sort out drinks humming to yourself.

'What would you like to drink today?' you ask cheerfully.

'The blood of my enemies,' he replies bluntly.

You shut the fridge, turn in his direction and sigh loudly, 'it was going so well Shinra.'

He blushes, 'err I meant orange juice y/n...yeah orange juice will be just fine.'

You click your tongue before smiling, 'a much better and healthier choice.'

You knew it would take Shinra some time to get back to his old self and you didn't want to push him. This morning had been small baby steps, and a small part of you hoped that if he never needed someone to talk to then he could talk to you without fear of being mocked or judged.