𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎.

edye made her way to meet everyone at the courthouse

edye made her way to meet everyone at the courthouse. when she got there, ray and wynter happened to be the ones she spotted first. "hey bae." edye said, sneaking up on ray with a hug.

he was almost ready to take whoever down before relaxing when he noticed edye. "get your weird self on." ray laughed, playfully pushing her away.

"edyeee," wynter dragged out the 'e' in her name. "how was your lil date? you looked cute!"

ray began shaking his head in disbelief. "so she's not cute any other time? why y'all keep playing edye."

"pft, exactly ray." edye nodded, squinting her eyes from the hot sun as she started to cruise on her board around them.

"i mean.. i know she be looking hit sometimes but damn."

she then pointed a finger at him warningly. he was almost one step ahead. "alright now bitch."

"aye, i'm not no female." ray held his hands up defensively.

"bitch is definitely for males too." edye raised an eyebrow at him.

wynter shook her head at her friend's crazy nonsense. "anyways, edye is cute all the time and she knows that."

"thank you, wyn," edye sarcastically grinned at ray. "but to answer your question, i did have fun." she answered finally.

"so happy for you." wynter squeezed edye's shoulder. they had gotten close but edye just wasn't used to being friends with people who wanted the absolute best for her so it'd still take time.

"thanks fam," edye said while fanning herself. "i'm gonna head to that vending machine over there though. i really need a drink."

"alright, we'll be here."

edye walked across the courthouse to the vending machines. the heat wasn't messing around today and she needed a drink asap. but of course there was a line at the machine so she'd still have to wait. she stood in the short line letting out a huff of frustration.

the guy in front of her felt a presence behind him, he turned around and it was then edye took notice of his looks. he was tall with dark features, had long dreadlocs pulled up into a ponytail as well as notable tattoos all on his body. immediately a smirk was on his face when he saw the girl in front of him. "wassup, baby."

"uh.." edye looked behind her trying to figure out who he was talking to or maybe he had her confused with someone else.

"i'm talkin to you girl. i'm dexter." he introduced himself, holding out his hand to her. he almost had a french skater vibe by the way he dressed.

"edye." she told him as she shook his hand. she wasn't really up for talking at the moment. especially when it wasn't what she came to do.

his friend turned around as well, trying to figure out who dexter was talking to all of a sudden. he rolled his eyes, arm hitting his friend. "dude, don't you know that's fuckshit's girl?"

that made edye furrow her eyebrows. so she's known? pause, so she's known for being fuckshit's girl? oh okay.

"is he around? i think the fuck not." he said and then his friend went quiet. "excuse my friend, sage. wassup wit you though? ole boy been treating you right?"

edye was kind of speechless at this point. no one had ever really talked to her out here unless it was about skateboarding. this conversation seemed different. "of course. always."

"that's good.. that's good." he nodded, proceeding to get whatever out of the vending machine before turning back to her. "you know, he can be full of trouble sometimes."

"he's not." she clarified, glancing at him sideways. was anything about fuckshit really his business?

"really? that's surprising. i've known him my whole life. dude is always in the middle of something." dexter chuckled before biting his lip, not hiding his smirk. "when you done playing with the kid, come holla to me. i'll show you how it's done."

"uh? i'm actually fine."

he looked up her up and down and let out a laugh. "i know you are. you even finer up close but look, i'll see you in the streets."

edye made a face as he walked away. that was such a sucky conversation that it didn't sit right with her. first of all, fuckshit's girl or not she would never talk to a guy like dexter and not to mention, the streets? must be some place he'd never find her. crack, that's what that was.

fuckshit walked up to her while staring down dexter as he walked away with his friend. "hey, ed." he greeted her with a sly kiss and hug. she could tell he'd got done skating as his hair was messy and sweat was noticeable on his tan skin.

"hi." edye wasn't going to lie, she was a little overwhelmed. she didn't know this person yet he knew who she was. she figured he was no good by the death glare fuckshit was giving him and the way he talked about fuckshit.

"so, why the hell was dexter talking to you?" fuckshit whispered as if it was a way to stay calm as he leaned up against the machine next to her with his hand casually resting on her waist.

him and dexter were skating rivals at one point. one always had to master a trick or bomb a hill effortlessly before the other could. dexter was good. he just never had the natural skating abilities like fuckshit did so he continued to hold grudges and things were always heated between them.

"i don't know honestly, i guess he was just asking how i was doing." she shrugged it off, kinda focusing on getting a cold drink out of the machine finally. that's all she wanted.

fuckshit rolled his eyes and edye could tell he was thinking hard. "someone clearly doesn't know how to mind their own business."

"hey, be nice." edye eyed him while taking a sip of the cold canned soda. she hated seeing him bothered, especially over someone she could be tell was not worth it.

"be nice? dude knows he's straight up annoying."

"yes, he's annoying. yes, he's probably a lot of things but luckily he's not you." edye smiled, standing on her tiptoes, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"mm, i guess." he licked his lips, eyes traveling from her eyes to lips.

"relax." she grinned, lips meeting the canned soda instead of his.

✩*⢄⢁✧ --------- ✧⡈⡠*✩
i see dexter as luka sabbat
tbh, an underrated king.

go read & sign the petition
in my bio if you haven't already. <3