𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

"you okay?" edye asked fuckshit

"you okay?" edye asked fuckshit. it was a few hours later from the party but the two really had no recollection of the time. perhaps as long as they were spending it together, the time didn't matter.

"mm.. why won't you tell me shit anymore?" fuckshit held edye in his arms as they laid in her bed together. he refused to leave her alone especially after the night she had.

edye frowned. she had no idea how he was becoming so emotional lately but it sucked it was because of her fuckups. "fuckshit-"

"no, i should've been there for you," he was highly regretting his actions as a boyfriend. he felt like that was when edye needed him the most and he blew it. once again. "like i'm trying, you know, but this boyfriend shit is new to me.."

"it's fine. i didn't know i was going to have a panic attack or what to even do. and wynter and fourthgrade just happened to find me. look, i don't want you to worry. you're the most perfect boyfriend to me." she reassured him as best as she could. she'd never want him thinking he wasn't doing good enough.

"see, that's the thing edye," fuckshit stood up, pacing back and forth in her room. he ran a hand through his hair, letting out a stressed sigh. "i'm always worried. i've been worried since the first incident. it was so stupid to even take you to that party in the first place."

edye sat up, sliding to the edge of her bed as she watched him. "no it wasn't. you guys had no idea i'd react like that and that's okay. we live and we learn."

"fuck it," fuckshit stopped pacing and halted his movements right in front of edye and grabbed her hand. the butterflies were back in her stomach as she suddenly felt nervous due to his unusual actions and emotions. "i love you."

"what?"

"i love you, edye." he repeated as if saying it again felt good. he rested his forehead against hers, hoping she'd feel the same way back. if vulnerable was a person it would be fuckshit right now in all his form. edye knew feelings weren't a fuckshit thing so the fact that this was weighing on him to say made her heart ache but in a good way.

edye stared at him in a daze, eyes slightly watering. she hadn't heard those words in so long from anyone besides her dad. she could practically feel his heart pounding as fast as hers. although, she knew hers was the only sound she heard in the room.

"i-i love you too."

。˚༷。˚༷ ♡‧₊˚

at motor avenue, edye sat with wynter inside the shop while the boys were outside skating. edye knew that she and wynter got off on the wrong foot. while that might mainly be on her part, she felt bad nevertheless and last night confirmed that for her.

"wynter, why'd you help me at the party?" edye mumbled, resting her chin on her knees. she closed her eyes, half awaiting the answer and half tired from being up all night with fuckshit.

wynter shrugged, thinking about the previous events. she didn't think there was a reason why but she would never hesitate to help anyone and especially anyone in that predicament. "i guess it's what friends do."

"but even after everything.."

"i get it, trust me. i know you're used to being the only girl around. but you're edye and no one can take that from you. not even me. you're cute and adored by the guys, i'm never going to get in the way of that. especially with the way ray treats you? i saw it since day one. i knew then i'd have your back." wynter explained, honestly.

"wow. i'm sorry. for all that i put you through. i was being immature and not aware of my actions. it shouldn't have taken that to be understanding with you." edye spoke while shaking her head.

wynter shrugged, giving a small laugh to lighten the mood. "don't be sorry, seriously. i do accept your apology but like i said, i get it. you had your guard up because of your past and you were scared of loosing ray. let's just put this behind us."

"yeah, also you're perfect for ray. i don't know what went over me." edye chuckled, playing with the shoelaces on her sneakers.

"ray loves you. between me and you, he's been having a hard time dealing with what his heart wants," wynter smiled before nudging edye jokingly. "besides the only one up you'll have on me is that you're the better skater."

✩*⢄⢁✧ --------- ✧⡈⡠*✩
jeez man y'all were ready to fight wynter along with edye smh