𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.

edye stared at the food on the table in front of her

edye stared at the food on the table in front of her. it was taco night, also meaning her dad was definitely up to something or was trying to be on her good side cause she loved taco night. if she remembered correctly, which she did, the last time he did this was when they moved here.

"so what do your parents do for a living, son?" mr. carson started a conversation up with fuckshit.

"moms a nurse, pops is an electrician." he casually answered before biting into his food. edye absentmindedly smiled at him, thinking he was cute without even trying sometimes.

"that's nice. that's nice," her dad nodded, clearing his throat. "look, i know i'm about to get a little personal here really quick but are you two you know.. sexually interacting?"

"no dad, ew, we never talk about that." edye's face flushed while fuckshit snickered, watching her reaction.

"it's about time we did and that's on me," he explained, hand on his chest as he referred to himself. "thought i'd have that conversation with you when you got a little older. you were never this interested in boys."

"i am older.." edye stared at her dad, trying to read him as if they didn't know each other at all. "anything i know at this point."

"there's nothing wrong with it, but protection. always make sure you use protection." mr. carson pointed out, making edye huff in embarrassment. "i mean that's unless you want curly headed kids running around here. both y'all heads together? oh yeah that's gonna be some kinky hair. and then edye was bad as a kid so imagine that." he chuckled at his own jokes.

"dad, c'mon." she groaned at where this conversation was headed.

he looked at his daughter and shrugged. "what? i'm just saying. you can admit it's funny."

the room then went quiet.
that was until fuckshit spoke up first.

"mr. carson, do i have your approval to date your daughter? cause to me it's starting to seem like you don't want me around her." fuckshit asked with a blank expression on his face.

"oh, it's not that. i don't want my daughter sneaking out or sneaking around with you." mr. carson explained. edye pressed her lips together as she looked up at the ceiling. here it was. lo and behold, the truth was coming out.

"thing is, i don't wanna sneak around with her. she honestly makes me a better man and she's there for me. i ain't wanna be that guy but she told me some things about you and if you are worried about her sneaking around then-"

mr. carson was taken aback by fuckshit's words. "woah woah woah, now. i'm a grown man. i listen to edye but i don't have to run my rules by her. this is my house, i pay the bills and i control what's happening under this roof."

"well i can't tell." fuckshit shook his head. something undeniably changed between the times when fuckshit said he loved her and yesterday's incident with dexter. he was acting a little different to edye. almost possessive, maybe?

"ed, why don't you pick out a good movie. we'll be there in a minute." her dad's mood altered in a matter of seconds. clearly where she got it from.

"but-" edye started but stopped when he gave her look. you know, the look your parent gives you and it's just best to shut up. she rolled her eyes for about the hundredth time that night, picking up ziggy off the floor as she stormed off to the living room.

she plopped on the couch, running her hands over ziggy's fur. it bothered her how she couldn't hear what they were saying but maybe it was also for the best.

"look son, i like you. i let you come around and that fact that you make edye happy is honestly great. i haven't had any problems with you but i know you sneak in her room because i know she's not talking on the phone like she says. so i just want to lay down some rules."

fuckshit and rules didn't really go together but he nodded anyways for the sake of edye. "okay."

"no more of that sneaking around. you hear me? the front door is there for a reason. you sneak into her room and something comes up that she's hurt, i'm coming for you. also i know edye smokes, i'm not a strict parent as i allow her to do certain things but it ever comes up that she's doing hardcore drugs or she's profusely drinking alcohol, i'm coming for you. understood?"

"yes sir." fuckshit answered. he didn't even listen to his own parents rules so why would he listen to somebody elses? it was just the fact he'd never hurt edye so he agreed.

"now i was a young man like you once. all about the parties, the ladies, and sex. i was pretty reckless and sometimes i can see that in you. don't break her heart. do i make myself clear?" mr. carson tilted his head at him for clarification.

"crystal."

✩*⢄⢁✧ --------- ✧⡈⡠*✩
not them starting to be toxic.

fun fact: gio galicia/ruben was born april 14, 2003 and i was born april 15, 2002. my aries twin 🥺