the return

Previously on the return of the high commander

A few hours later

As I'm starting to regain my bearings and my sight I could feel that my head was in a mask and I was tied to a chair then I heard a voice I didn't expect to hear again so soon."ah,have you waken up old friend?"as my mask was removed my eyes widen at the figure in front of me..."what do you want from me...Carl...?"

Author's note:if you saw the quotations mark like this "welcome" on the sentence that means William is talking and if the quotation mark like this “welcome back” that means Carl's talking

Present time

Carl's POV

“Good evening, old friend"

I greet him as he just scoffs a bit before he grunts

"It's been a long time"

William: "huh? The hell yer yappin' 'bout?  we already met each other back at the supermarket"

He replies looking confused while I managed a chuckle or two. Sometimes, the way of my old friend here easily forgetting his situations is so hilarious that I feel nostalgia kicking in.

'Turns out he hasn't changed at all'

I thought to myself as I smirk and lean my back over as I continues the conversation.

“It’s been...ten years? Since you left the federation if I’m right”

William: "more like 15, didn't thought I would enjoy it but ya should try it sometime, really helps you take your mind off and appreciate life 'bit more"

He exhales before smirking as he leans his face towards me with his black eyes looking as devious as ever.

William:"But ya won't kidnapped me all the way 'ere just to ask me that ain't ya?"

“Heh, still as sharp as ever I see"

I smirk as he leans back while smirking too

" I need you back in the federation William”

I say as I got right on to the point, while I would like to just let him have his way of being away from the military but right now there's no one I could count on more then him. If there's anyone who's a genius, crazy and brave enough that I would put my faith in it would be him.

William: "I ain't done anymore of that stuff Carl, you and I both know that. What's the big deal with the federation that you need my help so bad anyway?" He asked raising his eyebrows as I sigh

“As much as I don’t want to break the deal, it’s a much different problem now”

I say as I took of my glasses and clean them as I chuckle for a bit and put them back on as I look towards my friend putting on a confused face.

William: "Oh? how so?"

I hear him asks as I release a smirk at him as I got a surprise cooked up for him.

"You know all those projects you were helping me? Well let’s just say a new breakthrough happened, The old wars we fought? They are completely different to this one"

I say  as he raised one of his eyebrows

William: "The fuck yer talkin''bout?"

"Remember the Shipgirl project?,The one that supposedly allowed for the hybridisation of ships?” I ask as I remember back to the old days, he was one of the developers or well the only one who worked with me in developing.