The Hunt

Artemis POV

All the other Olympians started to flash away.
Percy suddenly flew a bright gold light and when it died out I was carrying a 1 month old !

Panicking I gave out a panicked screech. The gods immediately rushed back into the throne room, weapons drawn.

They looked on in confusion until they saw Percy.
The fates came down and told us that the curse would change his age to 1 month old, so nothing was wrong.

I cradled my son. I had a child to call my own, however now that he was only 1 month old , I had more responsibilities.

I decided to introduce him to the hunt tomorrow. I summoned a cot for him. It was white and glowed a silvery green. He saw the cot and gave a gleeful laugh. His laugh was beautiful and caused a wave of joy rush through me.

It was like my happiest moments multiplied by a million. Hera had blessed me with maternal instincts so I was guessing this was one.

He fell asleep fairly quickly. I lay on my bed, wondering how the hunt would react. Not 4 hours later, Percy was awake and crying again.

He was screaming and honestly I was scared. I had never dealt with this before and called Hestia over.

( Artemis Hestia)
Hestia ! What do I do ? He hasn't stopped crying !

Perhaps he is merely hungry...

Hestia looked mildly disgruntled and groggy after all who calls upon ones presence at 3 in the morning. I summoned a bottle of nectar, gently rocking Percy in my arms.

He sucked happily on the bottle falling asleep quietly soon after.

At 5 in the morning I was once again jolted awake by his cries.

I joined the Olympian council at 8, I barely got sleep , my hair was slightly messier than usual and I had slight eyebags.

Everyone present raised their eyebrows and I gazed at Percy who was asleep in my arms. The council seemed to understand.

"Once a year , he will spend a week with each of us. He will get to know us better and Artemis please allow us access into the hunt to visit Perseus. He will receive godly weapons when he is 2 years of age, so please educate him on his to weild all types of weapons when he turns 1. Council dismissed" my father seemed too gleeful to have a godly grandson.

I shook my head and flashed into my tent at the hunters camp. We were currently in Yellowstone park.

I placed a sleeping Percy into a cot I had summoned in my tent and walked out, hoping to explain things before he wakes up.

I walked out of camp and gathered the hunters. Just as the last hunter came in , a loud cry was heard. Sighing , I went back to my tent , gathering the little silver bundle in my arms ,the effect was immediate and he calmed down instantly.

As I walked back the hunters had a shocked expression, it looked like the cartoon when the cartoons jaw drops to the floor.

" Milady, who is that ? He looks a lot like you , yet he seems familiar. " Thalia approached me. Quick as always.

" He is my biologically adopted son ..." I proceeded to explain who he was, the curse of Kronos as well as his new titles. I even had to explain Ladon !  Ladon had stayed by his side, now wrapped as a little scaly bracelet.

Thalia just stood there. She looked faint. She pointed at my son.

" My nephew and cousin at the same time ? Abandoned by Annabitch ? Sally ... Dead ? Are you sure this is Percy ? " Her voice a mere whisper at the last part. She looked confused and I nodded.

The whole hunt was shocked but happily accepted that they had a new brother. They were all excited to raise a decent male. Thalia continued to stare in shock until her skin started to crackle with electricity.

She looked truly murderous.

She looked toward the sky and yelled " ANNABETH CHASE ! I THOUGHT YOU BETTER THAN THIS ! IM ASHAMED!"

I knew for a fact that since all the hunters were cracking their knuckles , I would have to deal with extremely protective sisters now.

Percy woke up at that moment at saw Thalia his whole face lit up and I passed him to her. He stuck a hand out of his covers and yanked on her hair, laughing at her face and gazing at her cutely.

Thalia was shocked and well, looked truly happy. Percy was passed around the hunt, they all cooed at him and he fell asleep soon after. He looked so cute.

His black and Auburn hair was tousled and in a constant bedhead but it looked good on him.

He loved the colour blue and as I would find out later, loved to wear a certain outfit to formal events or when he went shopping with me or if he was with the other gods.

He absolutely adored wearing, a white shirt and a grey vest , 3 quarter navy blue pants and a navy blue blazer.

He also liked to wear black shorts with suspenders over a white shirt and baby blue bowtie.

In the hunt he wore what my hunters chose for him usually baby safe " hunting clothes" they looked like the real deal except without the weapons.

When there were monster attacks , the hunt would circle Percy encasing him in a protective circle.

I learned to love and adore Percy more and more after a month , Percy was my light along with my hunt he seemed to be my sole drive in life.

His joyful laughter was my salvation when I was sad. I changed his clothes for him , bathed him and changed his diapers. He never was out of my sight for more than half an hour. When we slept he slept in my arms.

He was accompanied by Thalia, who became his favourite hunter  in a matter of days and they could be seen together laughing. Thalia often made funny faces to make him laugh. He seemed to bring all the hunters closer than before.

My hunters even threatened the gods that if even a single hair on his head was harmed, no where on earth would be safe for them.

I admit myself that I grew over-protective of him , however I loved him and even with the constant affections shown he was happy, he didn't complain when I ruffled his hair nor when I pinched his cheeks.

To me he was the epitome of a perfect child. Cute , obedient although sometimes naughty and rebellious.

All those sleepless nights I spent soothing his cries and the times I dealt with his tantrums were still happy moments because we were together.