The lessons II

CHAPTER 19

Nico POV

It was Potions now. The teacher was a ghost named Severus Snape. He is actually a legacy of Hades and a son of Hecate and used to teach at camp. He arrived at camp when he was 9 and left when he was 11.

He always visited me and told me stories of where he teaches and the myths. He actually taught us a bit of Potions and his handmade spell sectumsempra.

When we entered class, Percy's eyes widened and he happily sprinted forward and yelled "SEVY! "

The whole class was gaping and I heard some mutters of ' he's dead' and ' Sevy?!'.

Instead, Sevy smiled and the whole class looked faint. Did he not normally smile ? I get that he's scary, being a legacy of Hades....

We settled down and went to our table where I partnered Thalia and Percy was with Zoë. We were learning how to brew the incredibly difficult Felix Felicis. The recipe was as such :

Add Ashwinder Egg to a cauldron, then add horseradish and heat

Juice a squill bulb, add to the cauldron and stir vigorously.

Chop up anemone-like growth on the back of Murtlap, add to mixture and heat.

Add a dash of tincture of thyme and stir slowly.

Grind up Occamy Eggshell and add to mixture.

Stir slowly then heat the cauldron.

Add a sprinkle of powdered common rue.

Stir vigorously then heat the cauldron one last time.

Wave wand over potion in a figure of eight and say incantation ‘Felixempra!'

If successful, then we would get to take back our potions. Harry had used it before and seemed rather excited. Honestly, all of us , Zoë , Thalia , Percy and I could easily brew this, but it would not affect us.

No spell or Potion would. Only if we used Egyptian magic or Greek magic would it be effective. Even then , only ancient Greek magic would take full effect, Egyptian magic only half.

Harry started off immediately and confidently, apparently he was their class top Potions student. Top student my ass. He already made quite a few mistakes.

His Ashwinder Egg was too large and the anemone was too thick, it had to be chopped finer. Percy was doing well, well it was what we were trained to do by Hecate.

Too bad Harry got on Hecate’s bad books after getting arrogant after the Wizarding war.

By the end of the lesson, Percy’s potion was a bright glowing gold, bubbling gently.

Zoë and Thalia was almost finished, their potions had taken on a vibrant glowing gold, like a Drachma , and I just had to say “Felixempra” and I would be done. Harry was done but his potion was not glowing.

It was a dull gold colour, these was no shine and no gentle bubbling. Sevy went around the class, often stopping for sarcastic remarks or dramatic eye rolling.

At Harry’s the conversation went as such:
“Potter, care sharing exactly what this is ?”

“It’s a Felix Felicis potion.”

“Sir.”

“ No need to call me sir , Sir”

“Detention for a month and 20 points from Gryffindor. You must be the first house to have negative points!”