My childhood days II

Percy POV

So after you heard, er read about my training, you may be like aw poor kid no fun in life. But no. Just no! My mother would never allow it.

Despite my training she tried to make life normal for me... Or as normal as being a 18 year old in a childs form can be...

On weekends, the hunters would go out into the towns we were camping nearby. If we were lucky and there was a amusement park , we would go there. Man there was one time...

----- FLASHBACK 3 YEARS AGO --------

We had just stopped by Yellowstone park. It was quite lovely and I got a bit of gossip from the Palikos there. We headed to Bozeman Montana.

The town was nice and we had come just in time for a indoor farmers market. The market had so much fruits and fresh produce ! It was like a rainbow.

We all bought a apple each and we started to hike the Bridger mountain ranges. It was very fun. Mum was piggy backing me. Eventually , I was passed to Pheobe.

I started yelling "GIDDY UP HORSEY!" and that was the start of our Horsey joke. Pheobe grumbled on about being a personal horse but there was no weight to her words. We were all laughing and joking *cough* HORSING *cough* around. We sat on the edge of a cliff, laying a picnic blanket on the ground.

A few hunters went to hunt for deer or other furry critters for out lunch. Others sat on the ledge leaning on each other and chatting about their lives before hunters. ( B.H)

Others just lay on the mat, falling asleep. I climbed up a tree and surveyed the surroundings. The air here was nice and cool and fresh. The wind was gentle and it felt like natural air-conditioning.

I eventually fell asleep and worried my sister's half to death. Cause when I  woke up , all I heard was frantic yelling. All their voices melded together to become a incoherent screech whether they were calling my name or just outright screeching, I didn't know.

When I did show my sleepy self, I got the lecture of a lifetime. Mom was worried sick and the hunters looked ready to kill me when I told them I had fallen asleep.

-------- FLASHBACK OVER -------

We also were camping in Central park once. How we weren't spotted was probably the mist. We went to Coney Island amusement park and we had the best time.

Thalia was yelling her head of when we went on a roller coaster that brought you nearly 30 feet in the air. I personally loved the Viking ride the most. Then there was the shoot to win a prize. The hunters raided the place, bullseye each time.

We even went to Long island and stayed in the forest of camp half blood. No one noticed us. Mom reported this to the council, stating that the campers were starting to slack.

We had most fun , however on hunting trips. When I was young, I would be on a hunters shoulder. The hunters would be chatting quietly. When we saw target, we would fall silent instantly.

Usually a herd of deer or cattle would be out target. All the hunters would shoot simultaneously, so that the others on the herd would be taken by surprise. Usually, it is a mess of arrows.

Only 15 of the target would be hit and the others would rear on their hind legs and run. The 15 carcasses would be more than enough for the "family" though. All the remains would be sacrificed to mum.

When I was 8, I was allowed to participate. I stalked by the hunters , we would scour the whole place for a meal. Usually it was venison. If not rabbit or peasant. Only rarely would it be beef.

Pork was a huge no and don't even start on fish. Let's make it clear here FISH IS A BANNED SUBSTANCE ! They are friends...not food *whimpers silently*

Prey was abundant in the more forestry places or nature reserves. They aren't really found in parks that are open for humans. If they are , they usually are in hidden pockets of space yet to be ventured upon by man.

Monsters would attack every few days. The maximum we have been without monster attacks were 2 weeks.

It was after my dragon wraith announcement. But after that every 2-5 days was a norm. Commonly there were a few Cyclops or a few hellhounds. Rarely would Dracaena appear.

They were handled with much ease. But with larger hoards , of around 200 were rare and took longer to take care of.

Occasionally, my dads Hermes and Apollo would come and spend time with me and we would go out and prank people, sorry spend time together...

I had a whole lot of prank supplies from Hermes. Some included:
- Magical string ( can't be ripped or broken )
- rainbow hairdye
- skin colour change potion
- glue as fake toothpaste
- spray paint ( change to any colour)
- lip stick ,eye shadow
- baby powder
- glue and super glue
- feathers
- plaster
- flour
- oil and butter.

All this was contained in a magical backpack made to fit anything of any size. It would stay light and easily portable. There are dozens more items but it would take all day to list it.

The best prank was on Aphrodite. We used magic paint ( will disappear in a few hours ) and painted her pink palace walls blue and black.

We snuck into her palace and put spring wires on her sofa, they would explode as soon as anyone sat on them. We exchanged her blusher for dried painted toothpaste.

We added dyes to her toothbrush. Her lipstick was replaced with red glue. Hair spray became spray paint. We oiled her floors to make them ultra slippery, making anyone slip.

We put super glue on her doormat. We loosened her door hinges to the point that if opened , would fall down immediately. Her shampoo had added hair dye in it.

Her mirrors were enchanted to show what she wanted to see.

Within an hour , high pitched screams were heard. She thought it was just her walls though....

When we are dinner together that night, her hair was electric blue with neon pink stripes. Her lips looked so weird and patchy. Her blusher was flaking off.

When she smiled you could see her blue, green, yellow and pink teeth. It was quite a sight. All the gods had to try not to laugh and were failing miserably.

Eventually, we gave her a non enchanted mirror and she screeched so loud the glass goblets shattered. She retreated to her palace and stayed there for a week.

When she came out she cursed Hermes to have pink hair for a week. Apollo's curse was to have shirts 3 sizes to large for a week. I luckily got off Scot free.

Still one of the best pranks ever. Well I can only hope Aphrodite isn't reading this now......