Gone ?

Zoë POV

We heard a loud… “STAY BACK!”.

Suddenly, a huge golden aura exploded from the centre of the battlefield. Everyone stopped, all of the enemy fell, somehow dead. All the wolves and our allied vampires rushed to finish them off.

I turned my head over to the source, it would be either Will or Percy.

Percy.... PERCY !

NO. NO. NO ! This is just a dream, just a nightmare. It had to be.

I ran over, hoping to at least get the man that stabbed Percy, but as soon as I got there, he dissipated into mist. I stared at my mate. Thalia, Will and Nico running towards our brother.

I couldn’t even cry. I don’t know, I felt like I had just cried a waterfall, no tears dropped. I simply stared at him and sank to my knees. This could not be happening.

Will was shouting commands at the other 2, but it sounded like, I was hearing it from underwater, nothing but background noise.

“ONE, TWO, THREE! NOW!” Will yelled, and Thalia and Nico pulled the sword out. Inchor spurted out, staining the clothes Percy wore. Will placed his hands over the huge wound in Percy’s torso.

“APOLLO, GET YOUR A** OVER HERE NOW !” Thalia yelled at the sky.

Apollo appeared in a burst of light, he was in a white shirt, jeans and had ear buds in.

“Ok, ok what’s the situ- HOLY MOTHER OF ZEUS ! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!”

Immediately, his playful side was gone. Doctor Apollo was brought out. He was in a doctor’s coat, with a whole table of instruments by his side. He grabbed Will and Percy and flashed back to his hospital on Olympus.

Thalia, Nico and I linked hands, we flashed back to Olympus as well, landing right outside Apollo’s hospital. It was bright gold, as expected of the Sun God. We pushed open the doors and hurried over the list of patients on the electronic board.

1...2...3...4...100...500... Jeez, how many rooms and patients does he have ?! 600...601...602...603...700...

1023...1789...1907... Finally ! Percy was in room 7000. We ran along the corridors, left, right, straight, left, right... And we finally made it room 7000. The light outside was on it read “SURGERY” in bright red lights.

Will and Apollo was inside, I could see Apollo using his powers, because we could see the gold aura from outside.

After what seemed like forever, Apollo and Will exited the room, both their faces glum.

“I am sorry.” Apollo told us, before he flashed off, probably to alert the council.

Will lead us inside, warning us not to touch anything. The first thing that stuck me was the inchor. The massive amounts of inchor that covered the stuff.

The floor had drops and drips of inchor, Will’s hands were also covered in inchor.

Percy was on a hospital bed, his chest wound was still there, wrapped up in bandages which were already soaked with Inchor. He was pale and losing the healthy glow all gods had.

He was in bad shape, he was hooked up to 2 machines. There were sticky pads on his chest, that connected to on of the machines, monitoring his heart beat and breathing rate. One was a defibrillator.

“We did everything we could. He’s lost too much Inchor already. And the wound. It’s not closing.” Will alerted us.

“I love...all of you. Remember.” Percy’s words were barely audible, but everyone in the room heard them loud and clear.

The machine beeped angrily, the entire hospital pulsating in a dull red light. Just as it happened, Apollo returned with the Olympian council. His eyes widened.

He rushed over, with Hestia, quickly. They sent pulses of energy, Will brought over a jug of sea water and poured it over him. Everyone was panicking. Thalia was sending tiny shocks of electricity into him. The Olympians, however were standing behind me, they could not move.

With a final beep, the machine stopped and Percy’s heart stopped.

Nico stood up shakily, a single tear trailing down his cheek.

“He’s gone. I can’t... I...his soul...his soul is gone. He is immortal. His soul should still be here. But it’s not. It’s not even in the underworld. He’s gone. For...forever.” Nico told us. Hades only nodded in confirmation.

Nico curled up into a small ball, everyone could hear his whimpers and cries. Never had I seen the “badass” Son of Hades cry like this.

Artemis ran forwards, she hit Apollo's stomach a few times, crying. “Apollo ! Do something!” She cried, over and over again. She was in her 12 year old form, so it looked like a little kid throwing a tantrum.

Poseidon was crying, Hera and Hestia were trying in vain to make him stop. Zeus was trying to keep a straight face. Dionysus, Athena and Ares all had straight faces. Demeter and Apollo were keeping a respective silence. Hestia was looking down, but I could see the tears that dripped to the floor. Hades looked downright depressed, but I guessed as the god of the dead, he saw this every other day. Artemis and I ...

We were crying in each others arms, both crowded around Percy, sending in blasts of godly energy, in vain, to bring him back.

A pitch black envelope appeared. It radiated darkness and seemed to suck in the light. It was pitch black with a deep grey border, a blood red wax seal sat in the middle.

On the seal, was a extravagant “T” with 2 horns, like a demons.