Chapter Seventeen

[The next morning]

After a shower, as well as a small make out session before Jungkook went to school, Jimin waits outside of Taehyung's room. He's thinking about how to throw in that he's getting married along with his apology for storming away the previous night.

He doesn't know how long he's been standing at the door, but he knows he'll have to face however Taehyung will react sooner or later. He knows that Taehyung will overreact and say stuff like 'You just met!' Or 'You don't even know him!' But Jimin tries his best to believe they'll work things out in the end. So with that in mind he takes in a deep breath, looking down at the chrome promise ring with a smile and knocking on the door.

It opens and there stands Taehyung. "Jimin!" He hugs him tightly and sobs. "Oh my god I thought you did something! I thought I lost you forever!!!"

Jimin hugs him back. "Taehyung don't cry please." He pulls away. "I came to say I'm sorry for storming off and that I'm sorry for disappearing last night." He wipes the tears of the younger with his small hands. "Do you want to go out for breakfast?"

"That would be nice yeah." Taehyung smiles. "I love you Jiminie." He hugs the elder again. "I'm sorry too. I know how much you like Jungkook."

~Time Skip~

   The brothers were at their favorite brunch spot owned by one of Taehyung's aunts called 'Eommanie Jangso (Mom's place).'  They ordered their usual favorites, Jimin's being a breakfast croissant sandwich and Taehyung's a egg and sausage breakfast muffin. They were brought free chai teas and a pretty big chocolate muffin because Tae's aunt loves spoiling Jimin a lot.

   "So where did you and Jungkook even go?" Asks Taehyung as he eats.

   Jimin gets really nervous and quickly searches for an answer. "W-Well we walked around and he showed me some rooms and uh..."

   "Oh did you guys go into the study? I thought you guys might've been in there and left or something cause the fireplace was lit." Taehyung interrupts. "Look Jimin, I know I haven't been as supportive as I usually am, but I think I've come to accept that you and Jungkook like each other. As long as he doesn't get in the way of the two of us, I'll be alright with him."

   This makes Jimin smile. "I'm happy you said that." He looks down at his chrome ring again, the butterflies that were once in his stomach have now become a swarm of angry bees. He takes in a sharp breath. "Jungkook's getting married."

   Taehyung stops cutting into his muffin and looks up at Jimin. "Married? Jungkook's getting married?" He scoffs when the other nods. "Then why was he all over you since you two met if he was already going to be married?" He rubs his face. "And you're okay with knowing this?"

   "Yes." Jimin shows his hand to Taehyung. "Because the person he's marrying is well... me..."

   A shocked look comes upon the younger's face at what he hears. "You're.... you're being serious with me...?" Am amused scoff came out of his mouth. "He gave you a a black ring and asked you to marry him?"

"It's not black and I know it's no engagement ring, but it's a promise ring. He promised me that we would get married." Jimin argues.

Taehyung sighs and leans back in his chair. "I'm not the only person who's said 'promises can always be broken,' and I'm certainly not the last."

Jimin can feel his happiness slip out out of his grasps; his emotions turning into a mix of anger and sadness that the person he loved so much, wouldn't accept what he feels for another person. With that he stands quickly, the chair skidding behind him. With eyes on them, Jimin says with streaming eyes, "How Can you say this to me? Just when things are looking up and are finally making a turning point on my mentality, you decide to hurt me like this?"