Chapter 5: Lionel

I open my locker and take out my books. I haven't spotted Jenny anywhere today. I send her a text immediately the bell rang.

Where the hell are you?

I hurried off to class, literature.

"Good morning everyone. I hope you are all well. Today, we'll be focusing on William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Open your textbooks to page 104.. . ",that was Mr Martin, my literature teacher. Literature is actually my favourite subject. I mean, what's life without literature and drama? Anyway, the class went by quickly. After the lesson,as I was leaving for my next class,I got a text. It was from Jenny.

Hey Ally
I'm not coming to school today. I slept in and I didn't feel like coming. See you tomorrow. And please collect all assignments given for me. Enjoy your day. Love ya

I sighed. I guess I'm going through the day without her, that Dionne is gonna make my day hell. I just know it.

The bell rang again signalling the start of the next lesson so I had to run. We had life skills. Fortunately, Mr Collins was also late.

****
Lunch! Here we go

I get my food and make my way to Jenny and my usual table.

"Hey look girls,if it isn't the newbie!"

"Oh God",I muttered to myself.
I turn round to see Dionne and her clique behind me. The whole school has their eyes on us. The football team had practice so the jocks weren't around. Just great! At least I thought Ryan could help me out a little but now he too isn't around.

"Leave me alone, Dionne".

"But I haven't done anything, sweetheart. At least not yet."

She signalled someone behind her,it was Jessica,her best friend.
I decided to just ignore them and leave. Just then I tripped and my food went flying in the air and unto my face and top, staining it. I looked back and saw that Jessica had her leg out- that caused me to fall. The whole cafeteria erupted in laughter. Dionne and some other girls were taking pictures of me with their phones. This is so embarrassing. As I attempted to get up,I kept on falling in my lasagna. Yes, this had to happen the day I decided to have lasagna for lunch. I felt tears sting my eyes and before long they were flowing out. I was sitting in my own food and the whole school was laughing at me. How pathetic?! I felt like crawling into a pit and coiling into a ball.

"Here,take this",I hear a masculine voice telling me.

I look up through the tears and see a guy with holding a box of tissues to me. I take it and mutter a thank you. He stretched out his hand to help me up. I take it and he pulls me up.

"Leave her alone,Dionne",he snapped at her.

"Whatever",she says and leaves with her minions still laughing.

"Sorry about that. Dionne can be mean at times."

"It's not your fault,I'm not gonna mind her. Thanks for your help"

"No problem. You should go and freshen up now."

"Yeah, thanks."

"Hey Allison!"

"Yeah,"I turn

"I'm Lionel,by the way".

I smile and head to the washroom.

************
Hi

Sorry for the short chapter, I'll try to make the next one longer. Thank you

Please vote, comment and share

- Jessi