Chapter 17: Christmas Shopping

It was a week to Christmas and I hadn't done my Christmas shopping yet. I don't even know what I'm getting Mom and Jenny for Christmas. More importantly,I don't know what I'm getting for Ryan. I'm sure by now,all the shops and supermarkets would have been empty or won't have any more good things left since the people here start their Christmas shopping very early. I decided to stop by at the mall later today to get the shopping over with.

***

I was going through the shops at the mall but I still couldn't decide. I walked to the Christmas accessories section and saw a mug. It had "merry Christmas to a wonderful mom" printed on it. I thought it was perfect.

 I thought it was perfect

Now with Mom crossed off the list,I need to get gifts for Jennifer and Ryan.
I entered "The Antique Closet". It was a women's boutique. I looked through and found a gigantic make up kit. I was so impressed,it had everything,and I mean everything a make up kit should have. I'm sure Jenny would love it. I paid for it and left the boutique.

 I paid for it and left the boutique

Now,I just had to get Ryan something. Luckily for me,there was a shop for men's accessories opposite the boutique. I walked in and after looking through,I decided to get him a pendant. It was really hard to choose since there were so many pendants,but I finally settled on one,with some help from the sales guy. It was simple but for some reason, I really liked it so I bought it. I grabbed some Christmas cards as well for all of them.

 I grabbed some Christmas cards as well for all of them

My shopping was finally over. It wasn't bad as I expected and I got really cool gifts. Immediately I came out of the mall,a really cool wind hit me. It was freezing cold. I better get home quick.

****

"Mom,I'm back!!",I shouted as soon as I got home.

"Okay dear. I hope your shopping went well",she shouted back

"Yes mom. And no, I'm not telling you what I got for you."

I heard her laugh upstairs,"anyway, your food is in the kitchen."

"Thanks Mom!" Yes,we did have a conversation by shouting across the house.

***

After eating,I called Jenny. We talked for a while and she told me about this new year's party.

"Ally, have you heard about the new year's party?"she said.

"Which new year's party?"

"Well,I guess you know Tyler"

"Tyler....?"

"Tyler Harden,the richest kid in our school."

"Oh okay,what about him?"

I thought I heard her face palm herself,"He's throwing a new year's party on new year's Eve and we're going."

"Uh.....well, okay. But don't we need an invitation?"

"I'm sure we'll get the invite soon."

"Okay."

"Yes."

We talked for a while until someone else was calling me.

"Jenny, someone's on the line so I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

"Oh okay. Bye."

I checked the caller ID and it was Ryan. I smiled and hit accept.

"Hey babe",he greeted.

"Hey Ryan."

"What's up?"

"Nothing much, I'm done with my Christmas shopping."

"Cool"

"Have you done your shopping already?"

"Yeah,I shop online. It's easier that way."

"If you say so."

"Yeah, you're going to Tyler's party right?"

"I've not been invited."

"Don't worry about it, you're with me so you're definitely invited."

"Really. That's nice"

"Yup."

We talked for a while before we ended the call. The rest of the day went smoothly.

************
Hey guys. I hope you liked it. Thanks for reading.

- Jessi