008.

Santana brushed out her clients voluminous curls, the remy hair was so smooth and fell down to her shoulders so effortlessly

Santana brushed out her clients voluminous curls, the remy hair was so smooth and fell down to her shoulders so effortlessly. It was her last head for the day, she had plans tonight with her father.

Every February 13th, James took his daughter out on a little dinner date. It was a night where they talked and spent time bonding. She used to feel left out when her parents left her home with the babysitter on Valentine's Day.

So they had their own day and even though she was getting older she wasn't embarrassed to go out with her old man. They had an unbreakable bond, she was lucky to have the relationship that she did with her father.

Not too many young girls her age got to experience it. A lot of black homes with no fathers, causing families to crumble. Women had no man to teach them the way a boy thinks so they don't chose the wrong one.

Men had no real role model, they all looked up to the NBA stars, rappers, and drug dealers for hope. It was all a set up to keep them limited.

"How much I owe you?" The woman said digging through her purse to pull out her wallet. "Any chance that you take cards? I don't have any cash on me,"

"Yeah, I actually do," Santana went to one of her shorter drawers, pulling out a card reader. She clipped it onto her phone and set the app up. "And it's $150,"

"Okay," the young girl nodded, crossing her legs all sophisticated like and slipped Santana her card. "Add an extra $50, you did such a good ass job,"

Santana's eyes widened, nobodies ever paid more than the set amount. And she was not turning that down, she felt her work was worth more than what she charged to begin with. She had the skills and had all these different techniques on how she did hair.

She took her time and made sure every strand of her was perfect.

"Thank you," Santana said, putting the money into her savings. She had about 10,000 saved up so far, it was money she kept so she could open her own shop.

She never touched that money, didn't even think about it because that money was her future.

"You're welcome, I'll be calling you in two weeks. And I'll be sure to tell my homegirls about you. You are a blessing, lord knows I needed my head done tonight," She threw her purse over her shoulder and followed Santana downstairs.