Bond

Previously:

"Tanjiro, It's fine he won't kill us," Nezuko said as she noticed Tanjiro was shorter than her. Nezuko got an idea. Nezuko put her hand on Tanjiro's head and started to pat him. Tanjiro secretly liked head pats and Nezuko was the only one who knew this. Giyuu saw this and chuckled but instantly stopped when he saw the dead body in front of the house.

Chapter 6:

Nezuko went up to her deceased family to bury them.

"Tanjiro, Can you come to help me?" Tanjiro nodded while Giyuu went inside to find any hints of Muzan.

"Nezuko, If you want to hunt Muzan down. You will have to be a demon slayer and when you're ready for that meet the man called Sakonji Urokodaki" Giyuu told Nezuko as he pointed at the direction Nezuko must go "Also don't let Tanjiro in direct sunlight, because he could be burned than die" Giyuu was getting ready to leave. Nezuko could only nod as Giyuu left.

Once Nezuko finished preying to her family she set out with Tanjiro looking at the sky.

'It's too cloudy for the sun to hit Tanjiro, but we have to go quickly before the sun comes back.

Nezuko grabbed Tanjiro's wrist to run towards the direction Giyuu pointed at. As time pasted they met new people. They were kind. One even gave Nezuko a bamboo basket for Tanjiro but Nezuko forced the kind person to take her money even if they didn't want it.

"Hey Tanjiro, Could you please become smaller?" Nezuko asked Tanjiro. Tanjiro could understand her and her emotions, unlike the other demons. Tanjiro nodded. Tanjiro closed his eyes and thought about a mouse. Unfortunately, he became that small. Tanjiro became 5cm small. Nezuko chuckled about her big brother being that small. She was finally taller than him and she could put Tanjiro in her pocket.

"A little bit bigger Tanjiro" Nezuko spread her arms out to show how big. Tanjiro sighed but nodded. Tanjiro was now the average size of an 8-year-old.

"Perfect!" Nezuko yelled in delight while Tanjiro covered his ears.

"Sorry," Nezuko said looking apologetic. Tanjiro panicked he didn't want Nezuko to feel bad. Tanjiro went up to Nezuko and patted her back telling Nezuko that it was fine. Nezuko instantly felt better.

"Tanjiro, Can you go in it?" Nezuko asked as Tanjiro walked up to the basket that was on its side. Tanjiro crawled in making in tip over, landing. Nezuko smiled "Good job!". Nezuko put the cover over than lifted the basket up. Finally waking up the hill towards the forest. Nezuko heard a voice behind her.

"Hey, Girl are you sure you want to go into the forest alone ?" Said the worried woman.

"Yes, I need to be there" Nezuko replied as she continued to walk up the hill.

"Ok, Just be careful I heard there was a demon somewhere." The woman sighed

"I will" Nezuko smiled back.

Once Nezuko was almost up the hill she smelt a familiar smell, Blood. Nezuko felt movement in the basket. She could only assume that Tanjiro smelt the same smell. Tanjiro and Nezuko had a great sense of smell. Nezuko ran up to the house while dropping Tanjiro at a nearby tree. Nezuko opened the door to see a thirsty demon feasting on some human flesh. Nezuko eyes widen as the demon saw her. The demon charged at her. Nezuko could only dodge and when she did she saw an axe in a tree trunk outside of the house. She ran towards the axe but she got there she took too long to take the axe out of the tree so when she looked behind her the demon was ready to kill her. Nezuko closed her eyes getting ready for the impact that never came.

When she opened her eyes again she saw Tanjiro kicking the demon before it can attack Nezuko. The demon's head flew across the battlefield but it was still moving. The head went to attack Nezuko while the body attacked Tanjiro. Nezuko was struggling to attack the head but when she got a clean hit it just rehealed. The demon laughed at her stupidity.

"You can't kill me with that pathetic axe" The demon laughed at Nezuko. Tanjiro backed back to Nezuko. Their's backs were together. Their bond was very strong but they both didn't have a lot of fight experience. Nezuko could feel both of them panting. Nezuko looked begind her to look at Tanjiro. Tanjiro looked back and smiled that made Nezuko smile. She loved her brother and that's what made her keep going. Tanjiro thought the same thing. He just wanted to be the perfect sibling. Even if they were poor they both wanted to protect each other.

They both nodded. Smiling. They looked back at the demon. They. Were. Filled. With. determination.