Training

Previously:

She looked at the man "Do you know the person called Sakonji Urokodaki?" Nezuko asked.

"Yea, I can take you to his house," The man asked

Chapter 8: Training

Tanjiro was in his bamboo basket. Wondering.

'Maybe he shouldn't make his little sister carry him all the time.' Tanjiro thought as he got out of his basket. Nezuko looked at Tanjiro giving him a confused face. The masked man stopped to look at the siblings. Wondering why they stopped. Tanjiro nodded at Neuko signalling at her. Nezuko soon got it as she nodded and started to run towards the man while Tanjiro followed. The man sighed as continued to run towards his house. They ran and ran. The siblings were exhausted but the man didn't break a sweat yet.

Once they were at Sakonji Urokodaki's house Nezuko asked: "So, we are here?" Nezuko stopped to take a deep breath "Do you know where Sakonji Urokodaki is right now?"

"Well, I'm Sakonji Urokadaki" Urokadaki said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I just forgot to tell you," Nezuko's mouth dropped and once she was finally out of her shock she introduced himself to him.

"Hello, I'm Kamando Nezuko nice to meet you," Nezuko said politely as she bowed. "And this is my older brother, Tanjiro".

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Sakonji Urokadaki" Urokadaki replied

"Can you please train me!" Nezuko asked excitedly.

"Yes, I got a letter from Giyuu telling me about what happened" Urodakaki sadly told Nezuko.

"Oh ok, so when do I start my training?" Nezuko asked.

"Well, you already started but for now you may rest" Urodakaki demanded.

Nezuko shouted, "WAIT so that running was the start of the training?!" Tanjiro sighed. Tanjiro could tell that it's going to be a long year. They walked into the wooden house it was small but nice and simple. Urokadaki led them toward their bedrooms. Setting up the futon for them to sleep on.

Urokadaki took care of both of them, he cooked for them, cleaned after them and taught them. Urokadaki cooked the dinner for them before they went to sleep. He cooked some wild boar with carrots and made them into a stew. Nezuko gratefully accepted.

"Thank you for the food!" Nezuko yelled happily. Urokadaki stared at Tanjiro careful.

'He doesn't smell like blood yet' Urokadaki thought "Does Tanjiro eat anything?"

"I'm not sure, I never thought about what he eats that isn't humans..." Nezuko said as she turned to look at Tanjiro. Tanjiro could only stare. He didn't know either. Tanjiro didn't want to eat humans but what if he tried to eat human food?. Tanjiro untied his bamboo. Urokadaki tensed as Tanjiro's hand went towards his face and turned his hand. His hand was open like he wanted something. Urokadaki realised what Tanjiro was doing.

Urokadaki grabbed another bowl and filled it with the wild boar stew, he gave it to Tanjiro. Tanjiro bowed a little, trying to show respect. To be honest he didn't know why he was bowing but he did it on instinct. Tanjiro grabbed him a spoon and scooped a little for him to eat. He brings some towards his mouth and bites into it. He didn't know how to feel about it. Tanjiro was honestly disappointed. Tanjiro didn't want to eat anyone. Tanjiro put the bowl down back onto the table and sighed. Tanjiro sat there watching them eat slowly dozing off.

Nezuko smiled at Tanjiro knowing he must be exhausted. Nezuko continued eating until she finished. Once nezuko finished she dragged Tanjiro and herself back to the bedroom. They both fell asleep.

Nezuko woke up early, getting ready for her training. Tanjiro followed her watching the training. First, they when up a steep mountain that took an hour to climb. The air was dense it was hard the breath but the siblings were determined. They quickly climbed up it soon reaching the top. The clouds made it harder to see and the air was hard to breathe in. It was getting dark but the sun hasn't set yet. There were 2 hours until the sunset.

"Nezuko, Tanjiro I want you to be back at the house before sunset," Urokadaki told them 'let's see if they are worthy to become demon slayers!' Urokadaki thought as he walked away dodging every single trap that's on the mountain.

The siblings watched as he walked away "that's it?" Nezuko asked Tanjiro. Tanjiro shrugged. They started to walk down the mountain unaware that there were traps. Nezuko stepped right into a trap to make a large log charged towards her she dashed forward landing into another one while Tanjiro was shocked that he stepped back to see nails being thrown at him he tried to dodge but was a little too slow that he was cut on the arm a little. Tanjiro looked at the cut it was regenerating slowly. Nezuko looked back seeing Tanjiro's small cut. She worriedly walked to Tanjiro but was caught between some traps. Two giant hammers came down at the same time. Trapping Nezuko. Nezuko couldn't move in time, she closed her eyes waiting for the hit but she felt her wrist being grabbed pulling her. She opened her eyes in shock looking at Tanjiro who just saved her. Tanjiro slapped her on the head harshly. Tanjiro was scared. He didn't want Nezuko to die. he didn't want another family member to die. After Tanjiro slapped Nezuko he hugged her tightly. Nezuko couldn't believe she was alive. She couldn't believe she was going to leave Tanjiro all alone. Nezuko hugged back.

"Come on, Tanjiro we have to go before sunset," Nezuko told him as she patted him on the back "Or else I can't save you" Tanjiro nodded.

The siblings went down the mountain as quick as possible. Is was hard they were dodging and dodging. Their breaths were quick and heavy. It was hard to breathe but once they got to the bottom they saw Urokadaki watching the sun impatiently. Urokadaki saw them they both had cuts and bruises. Nezuko's arm was around Tanjiro and they were smiling. Urokadaki smiled under his mask.

They trained at a waterfall or the mountain but sometimes they would fight Urokadaki. They took turns. They did a special breathing skill and they were taught about getting back quickly and never giving up. Tanjiro didn't know why he was training but he wanted to be there for Nezuko. The training was all fine until the final and last test. They got there and they saw a huge stone boulder.

"I want you to cut the stone in half" That's all Urokadaki said before he left.