Six

The last two weeks have been really calm. Katya and Trixie are lost in a happy haze, with Trixie sleeping at Katya's house almost every day.
And because Katya is the way she is, she can't help but think that something awful is going to happen.
Before she can dig herself any deeper into this hole of anxiety she feels Trixie's lips against her neck.
"What are you thinking about?" She asks, and Katya gets pulled back to reality.
"Just how lucky I am to have you" she answers and gives Trixie a peck on the lips. Though when Trixie pulls away she can spot a wrinkle form between her eyebrows
"About that" she says and takes Katya's hand. "I know you said that you wanted to take it slow, but I kind of want a label for this". Katya's hands start to sweat, and she opens her moth to respond but Trixie continues "it's just.. I have kind of a hard time explaining us to my friends and my mom, and I kinda want to throw the whole lesbian thing in her face so I think it'd be easier if I had a girlfriend". Katya begins to zone out her rambling to process this. Everything she says makes sense, it's weird trying to explain this to others, and maybe Valerie needs a label to take Trixie's sexuality seriously. But... Katya's eyes flutter shut at the thought of Violet. She can feel her brown eyes pierce into her all the way from Atlanta.
'They're not the same. Trixie won't treat you like she did' she forces herself to think. But maybe that's the problem. Violet is just as addictive to her as the cigarettes Trixie nags at her for smoking.
Katya lightly pinches the palm of her hand to try and shake off these thoughts. It's time to do something for Trixie, not just worrying about herself all the time.
"Of course I'll be your girlfriend" she says with a forced smile. The look on Trixie's face almost makes it worth it. She wraps her arms around Katya's neck and kisses her
"Yay" she whispers between the kisses.
-
A few hours later Katya is dropping Trixie off at her house. Valerie said that she wanted to spend some time with her, and Trixie didn't mind.
"I'll see you later?" She says before opening the door.
"Of course" Katya gives her a small kiss and walks off as the door closes behind her.
She fishes up her phone from her back pocket, and to her surprise she sees that Willow has called three times and left a message.

Willow: please pick up

Katya's hands start to sweat as Willow almost never calls. She knows it makes Katya anxious, so she tries to avoid it. It must be bad.

Katya: what is it?

Willow: please I know you don't like it but it's gonna sound a million times worse over text

Katya: you're scaring me

Willow: trust me just call

Katya shakingly presses the call symbol on the phone. She trusts Willow, and regardless she doesn't have time to try and convince her to do otherwise.
"Katya, I need you to promise me to stay calm" her voice is shaking, and it's missing the confident tone she otherwise has.
"Well hello to you too"
"I'm serious, can you promise me that?"
"Okay, I promise. Will you please tell me what's going on?"
Willow takes a deep breath on the other side of the line.
"Well, I got off the phone with Danny, and he's getting a new roommate"
Katya scrunches up her forhead. Why is it so difficult for willow to put it into words?
"Good for Danny I guess?" She says before the pause gets too long.
"His new roommate is Violet"