Bunk mate

It took me from 9 am to 1 pm to pack. I have never been more tired in my whole entire life.

My mom had put my suitcases in the trunk and we drove away. She didn't tell me how far away this camp was, but I ended up sleeping for two hours.

"Wake up benji," she said, shaking me slightly. I woke up with the intense smell of pine.

"Okay okay, I'm up," I said, pushing her hand away from me , as she was still shaking me.

My mom got out of the car and got my luggage.

"Go up to the desk and sign yourself in," she said, smiling at me.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the little booth that said 'administration desk'. It held one person inside of it she was writing down something on paper.

"Uh, hello," I said, causing her to look up at me.

"Hello! How may I help you?" She said, in a perky up best voice. It honestly was a little too loud for my liking. I winced.

"Uh, I'm here to sign in, I guess," I said, totally uninterested and not happy to be here.

She smiled and clicked her pen.

"Name?" She asked. I sighed.

"Benji Krol," I said. She furrowed her brows.

"You mean Benjamin?" She asked. I looked at her in disgust.

"Don't call me that," I said. She had a sorry look on her face and my mother came up beside me.

"I'm sorry, benji you can take your stuff I'll handle this," my mom said to me. I nodded, grateful for her appearance, and took my stuff and stood to the side of her.

"I'm so sorry-" the lady at the desk started.

"It's fine," my mom said, cutting her off.

"Okay well, benji you will be bunk 250, you can follow the guy behind the gate here, and here's your key," she said, and handed it to my mom.

I took my stuff and we walked past the gate, and greeted the guy behind it. He had a bright red shirt on that had 'camp counselor' written in bright yellow letters.

"Hi, uhm, could you take me to room 250?" I asked. He smiled and nodded.

"I sure can! Follow me!" He said, confidence radiating off of his voice.

I'm starting to hate this place and everyone's perkiness already.

He walked onto a stone path, and we walked for what seemed a good 10 minutes until we reached a log cabin that had '250' nailed into the side of the building in gold lettering.

"This is it! If your bunk mate isn't already here , he will be," he said, and patted my shoulder then walked away.

I took the key from my mom and stuck it in the lock. I turned the key to the side and then pushed the door open.

It was honestly nice. When you first walk in there's a kitchen across from you, with a fridge, table, microwave, and a whole bunch of kitchens essentials.

We walked to the right and there was a living room, with a couch, a tv, and what seemed to be a storage closet.

There were stairs, so we took them. And there was the rooms.It was one bunk bed, with a bathroom off to the side.

I set my stuff down and turned to my mom. She opened her arms and I leant in, giving her a hug.

"I hope you have a nice time , but if you need me at any time make sure you call! Or if you need me to get you something just ask and I'll have it shipped here, and if you need me to pick you up and any time just tell me , an-" she said, but I cut her off.

"I love you mom, I think I might be fine, besides even if it's not I can just stay in here the whole time," I said. She smiled.

"Well I hope you make some friends. I love you and I'll miss you," she said, and kissed my cheek then walked down the stairs and out of the cabin.

I looked around. It honestly isn't bad, and I can decorate it however I want.

I pulled out my clothes and stuck them one one side of the closet, then I made the bed, officially choosing the top bunk. Sorry 'bunk mate' but I'm first so I get to pick.

I then lined my shoes up against the bottom of the closet, and laid down on my bed. I closed my eyes and just breathed in the nice vanilla scent. This , I could get used to.

But then I heard squealing.

"AH OH MY GOD!!" I heard, and then rapid footsteps of what seemed three people ran up the stairs. I opened my eyes and was met with Theo girls and one guy.

I took out one of my ear buds.
"Uhm, hello?" I said. They all blushed.

"Uh, s-Sorry, we didn't know anyone was here yet," one of the girls said, twisting her hair around her finger. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Uh, that's okay, I guess. Who are you?" I asked. The guy spoke up.

"I'm your bunk mate," he said, in a Spanish accent. It was nice actually. He had curly blond hair, and he was wearing a white nike shirt, tucked into army green pants, with a black belt, and Nike Air Force 1's.

I didn't want to be mean and assume things but I think he might be gay. Or maybe people just dress different in Spain. I don't know.

"Oh , okay," I said. And he and the two girls started to un pack his things and start to gossip. I put my ear bud back in but turned the volume all the way up, and closed my eyes.