Treasure hunt; found

"Abby, I don't know why you chose the concrete paths. Why would they just put the pineapple in the middle of the path?" Jorge huffed, sitting on the nearest bench; he felt defeated.

I mean, yeah, this was all for camelon, because he didn't really need the money for the summer camp. He went to the school for education, and every student there gets free admission to the summer camp, since you already had to pay for tuition there.

But, he missed benji. It was kind of weird to say, as Jorge hadn't really thought that he would ever miss anyone, well, beside his mom or sister. But he did. And it hurt.

He was starting to think about how, if being away from benji for just a few hours hurt, then how would  being away from benji for the whole school year feel?

"Are you okay?" Abby asked, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"I love him. And it's going to be so hard without him during the school year." I said, trying my best to hold in the tears I could feel were threatening to spill out of my eyes.

"Jorge, itll be okay. Plus we have all sorts of breaks you can see him in. And he can come here for them too." She said.

"And how is that going to work? He doesn't drive, and I doubt his parents will let him come all
The way here for breaks. Plus no one in his family knows he's gay." I said.

There was a silence.

"What are you trying to say?" She asked. I looked at her.

All of the pain that my words were going to endure, already had an impact on her face.

But her phone ringed before I could say anything.

"Hey! We found the pineapple!" Addy spoke through the phone.

"Oh my god! That's great! Where are you guys?" Abby asked.

"By the beginning of the lake!" I heard Olivia scream through the line.

"Great! We'll see you there! Tell the others." Abby said, and hung up the phone.

"Let's go." She said. I nodded, and we stood up, running towards the lake.

-

We arrived at the lake, and saw addy , Olivia, camelon, and Maliki.

The rules of the game is to , find the pineapple, and make your way to the soccer field, and show the counselor that is standing in the middle of it, that you found it.

But.

The catch is, that you have to hide it, because anyone who has the pineapple, can have it taken from them.

This can happen, by if someone knows you have it, and they get to the soccer field first, and they declare you have it.

You have to show them the pineapple, and then the person who claimed you have it, gets the tuition money.

It's definitely competitive, so we have to hide it.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"Basically, camelon is going to run to the soccer field," addy said ," and she is going to claim that I have it, so she can have the tuition." She said.

"Wow. Okay. Well you better start running." Abby said to camelon. She nodded, and instantly took off.

"So," I said ," food?"

-
We went to where benji and xowie were. There were a few people there, including a counselor, since everyone pretty much gave up already.

"I'm going to miss you so much." Abby said to benji.

He smiled.
"Me too." Xowie said
"Same here," noen and cayman spoke.

"Me too, what will I do without my soccer bud?" Maliki said.

"Oh shush. Don't make me cry guys." Benji said, in a dramatic sad tone.

But I knew deep down, he would actually miss them. A lot.

I layed my head on his shoulder.

Everyone was talking, and making jokes. But I was more just living in the moment. Enjoying the way the air smelled, or how benjis warm shoulder felt.

I intwined my fingers with his, and took a breath in.
Maybe we will be okay.

"Fucking faggots." I heard, in a hushed tone.

We all looked to where the noise came from, and there stood, the one, the only.

Anderson.

"Come on Anderson. Just go have fun, that's what today is supposed to be about." Cayman said.

"Oh shut the fuck up. You might as well be a faggot too, with that hair cut." Anderson said.

Cayman just shrugged, not really taking any affect on the words.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him. Or that something bad was going to happen ." Anderson said, staring directly at benji.

"Yeah, and I thought I told you to fuck off." Benji spoke, his voice cold.

Anderson walked toward the bench we were all sitting at.

"Aw, benji loves acting so tough in front of his boyfriend." He mocked, rolling his eyes.

Benji just turned away from him, trying to ignore him.

"What a boyfriend, huh benji? What was it like? Finding out that your precious little Jorge isn't so precious anymore."

I couldn't breathe.

Benji stood up, walking so close to Anderson that he could have fell backwards.

Cayman was trying to hold him back, along with Maliki and Noen.

He shrugged them off easily.

"What the fuck do you want from him?" Benji asked, shoving him into the wall of the food storage place.

"What? I can't talk about how I touched his-"

And then benji hit him.

"Stop!" Olivia yelled, as Abby held me , since tears were falling down my face.

But after the first hit, benji just stood there, letting Anderson push him to the ground. And kick after kick after kick and then

"Hey! Hey ! What is going on. Break it up! Break it up." The counselor screamed, tearing Andrew off of benji.

Soon , benji and Anderson were both being escorted to the behavioral office, and I was still crying.