Treasure hunt; the beginning

"Are you sure you texted her?" I asked jorge, for what seemed like millionth time.

"Yes. She'll be here. Just hang on." He said, rolling his eyes.

And , as soon as he said it, Abby came from the path towards us. She had noen's hand intertwined with her own.

"Hey guys!" She smiled, waking up to us.

"Hey." We said.

"So where's everyone else?" Noen said, looking around.

"They'll be here soon. I hope." I said. Jorge just pushed me slightly, as I threw more shade at him.

Xowie and addy came down the path, with cayman behind them.

"We're here." They said, smiling.

"Olivia's not." Jorge said.

Finally, finally he gets how annoying this is.

Basically, we've been waiting for Olivia for like 30 minutes so she can bring the girl who were are supposed to help find the pineapple thing, for the free tuition here next year.

Good thing we decided to do this early, if we went on time, the treasure hun would've already started.

"Ah! There she is!" Addy pointed out, we all turned towards where she was looking.

And , sure enough, there she was. Maliki was beside her, the girl , camelon, behind them.

"Holy shit Olivia, we've been waiting for so long. Does your watch work?" Jorge said, tugging at her Apple Watch.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Maliki and I were just talking." she said, blushing slightly.

"Talking. Right. Okay." Jorge said, and we all laughed.

"Okay, so, since the treasure hunt starts soon, I think we should talk about where we are all going to look." Abby said. An array of nods and hums went on throughout the group.

"Basically noen and I stayed up late and tried to figure out a good Tatic , here's what we've come up with; now before I say this, I've divided us up into groups." She said.

We nodded.
"But , not with who you are usually with. So we don't get distracted at all costs." She squinted her eyes, and looked at addy.

"It was one time! One time!" She said, cayman face palmed.

"The rule stands. Anyway, xowie and benji, you're in a group, you'll be looking everywhere on actual grass. Like the flower field, or the soccer field." She said.

"Hell yeah," she said, and we fist bumped.

"Jorge and I will be in a group, we will look everywhere on concrete. Like the paths, since there are so many." She said.

Jorge nodded.

"Noen and cayman, you will be looking in buildings, like every single one. Look everywhere, including drawers." She said.

They started laughing at some inside joke.

"Addy, you'll be with Olivia, you'll be looking in water. Like in our pools, or the lake. Please be safe." She said.

They agreed.

"And last is Maliki and camelon. Now , camelon, I know you know a lot of secret little hiding spots here. Check all of them. And when you're done, check again. And then help noen and cayman with the buildings if they aren't already done." She said.

They both gave each other an awkward glance, as they almost didn't even know each other , but agreed anyway.

"Now remember, this is a game, so we are all going to have fun , yes?" She said.

"Yes ma'am. Now let's go, Im bored." I said.

She laughed, and the camp counselor came by and gave each one of us , and all of the strangers around us, a map of the place.

We all said our goodbyes, and started on our route.

-
"Xowie this is impossible! How are we supposed to find a fucking decorative pineapple in all this - this grass!" I groaned out of frustration.

I had stopped looking awhile ago, picking up blades of grass and tying them together.

"Benji, you know this would be so much easier if you were actually looking." She said.

Which, was true. But I did help look in the beginning, but now I was just hungry, and bored.

Plus, no one else had come to look for it here yet, meaning it probably isn't here.

"I'm hungry xowie, let's take a break." I said.

"Seriously benji? God why are you always so hungry." She rolled her eyes, continuing to look through the grass and flowers.

"Because I am. You've looked practically through every piece of grass, and it's not here. Let's just go eat and chill out for a few minutes, okay?" I suggested.

She let out a huff, and nodded.
"Fine. We get twenty minutes, then we go help the others." She said. I agreed and we walked to the food storage facility.

We decided on sandwiches and microwave macaroni and cheese. We sat at the bench and started to eat our meal.

"This is nice." She spoke, "I wonder what the rest of the group is doing?" She said.

"Noen! I swear to Jesus Christ himself , if you look in this drawer one more time, I might just strangle you." Cayman said. Noen had been checking all the drawers, but started second guessing which ones he already checked.

"You don't know which ones are checked already! They all look the same!" Noen yelled.

"COME HERE. COME HERE," cayman yelled, as he began to chase him around the room.

"Yeah," I said, after a long silence ," me too."