Mediator

Benji ran past me, and Abby ran away. So I did the only thing I could think of.

I ran for Abby.

I desperately ran off, knowing the only place she would return to was the makeup portion of the art center.

I opened the door to see her staring at me.

"Abby, I just wanted to say I'm so-"
"Sorry? You're sorry? You're sorry for kissing the guy I liked? Well I'm sorry but you're not forgiven!" She said, her face getting ready and her eyebrows furrowed.

"Abby- I- I was the one who liked him and told you about it first! I'm not the piece of shit here!" I said, going slightly above her tone, as I didn't want to start this argument again.

"Well who is?" She said, crossing her arms.

"Abby just listen to me-" I started, but the door opened and in cake Olivia.

"Hey guys, I just saw benji run off an- did I interrupt something?" Olivia asked, fanning her perspirating brown skin.

"No, you did-"
"Yes, you did! Jorge kissed benji!" Abby said, angrily throwing her hands into fists.
Olivia pursed her lips.
"Uhm, okay, I guess I'm going to have to be the mediator. Sit down, the both of you," she said
"But-" me and Abby both started
"Sit!" Olivia said, and we both did.

"Okay Abby, I want you to calmly explain your side, and then Jorge. No interruptions, okay?" Olivia said

"Okay," I said, gesturing for Abby to say her side.

"Okay, well, benji, he's like super cute, and Jorge said he liked him, so I backed off . But I wanted to see if he was actually gay, so I decided I wanted to walk him to the sports center. And I flirted a lot with him. I mean a lot," she paused to see my angry expression on my face, "and he flirted back, so like obviously not gay right? And then I tell jorge I made moves on him and he got all- all MAD!  For no reason, and now he's kissed the guy I like!" She said.

I rolled my eyes. She was getting on my nerves, and she couldn't even see past her selfish actions.

"Okay, Jorge, it's  your go now," Olivia said.

"Okay, so benji is my bunkmate. He's cute. And he's the first boy I've liked since Anderson, which is a big deal to me Abby, but you don't seem to see that," I said.

"Jorge, Anderson was a dick, so what?" She rolled her eyes.

"Abby, Anderson told everyone I make 'moves' on straight guys, to scare them, and now I'm known as the weird gay boy! Don't you understand that the majority of guys here are straight, and so when one is actually gay,or bi,  and I like them, and then the damn near prettiest girl here tries to get with them, it's upsetting? Just let me try with this one Abby, I don't see why you always have to get the guy!" I exclaimed.

It was quiet after that. Olivia was just staring at the ground, and Abby was staring at me, with an expression I couldn't quite read as one emotion.

She stood up, and subtly wiped her eyes.
"I guess I'll just go then," she said, and walked out of the door.

I looked at Olivia. She nodded and stood up, going after Abby.

Leaving me alone in the room.