Love

Trigger warning:
Warning, what's in the following chapter may be triggering to someone who has had a history with sexual assault, if you have a tendency to be triggered by this, please do not read. This is a filler chapter and doesn't really include much about the story, it is just benji and Jorge growing closer together for the story. I love you all, stay safe <3.

"It's getting late." Abby yawned, stretching her arms up above her head.

"Yeah," Olivia said," I think we're gonna go." She said, as her and Maliki stood up, saying goodbye, and leaving the bunk along with Abby.

"Maybe we should go to bed." Jorge said, getting up from my grasp.

"Jorge." I said. He stopped walking, and turned to look at me.

"You know I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you, right?" I asked.

He nodded. I stepped forward, and took him into both of my arms.

"I wouldn't ever hurt you, or do anything, or touch you anywhere you wouldn't want me to. I wouldn't ever want to make you uncomfortable, and I need you to know that." I said, rubbing his head with my fingers.

I heard him sniffle, and speak.
"Do you want me to tell you the full story?" He asked.

I tilted my head back to look at him.
"Only if you want me to know." I said. He nodded, and we sat back down on the grey couch.

"He was my bunk mate." He said. He was quiet for a moment, trying to gather all the strings of information I'm sure he lost in the midst of the trauma. And that's okay. It's okay to lose yourself for a moment, we all do at some point.

I know I have.

"He was my bunk mate, we didn't talk much at first. I thought I liked him but I realized I really didn't, it was a short-lived crush." He said, then smiled," it's weird thinking about liking any other person now that I have you," he looked at my eyes, and then went back with the story.

"But he found out I was gay through the many face times he over heard me and Olivia have. And he started creepily flirting with me. It was always sexual, always. He'd whisper stuff in my ear, I'd just brush it off though, think 'oh that's kinda weird' and go about my day." He said, and he was starting to get a little caught up. I put my hand on his shoulder, and rubbed my thumb in circles.

"One day when I got back from something, I don't even remember what it was." He stopped. Took a breath in. Closed his eyes, then continued.

"And he was there, in the kitchen. I was going to make myself some dinner, and when I bent over to get the pans..." he trailed off.

A cold, sharp pain hit my eyes, and I didn't even notice I had tears threatening to spill over my bottom eyelashes.

I pulled him close, pressing him up against my chest, kissing his hair.

"And he had put his hands on my waist, and pulled me back onto his crotch. I told him t-to stop Benji, I did." He was hiccuping over his sobs now.

"I know you did. I know you did. You don't have to be sorry or apologize for anything. What happened to you was not anyone's fault but his, and I'm
Going to make sure he knows that." I said.

"A-after th-at day , I pushed him away. I told him n-not to talk to me. I told him to stay away. He told everyone here I was gay, and that I forced myself upon him. And that I 'tried to get with him'. That's how maliki found out, and I told him the real story today." He said.

I pulled away from him.

"Jorge I'm going to tell you this, and you don't have to do anything with it. You can just let me say it and we'll go to bed, or you can say something. But I have to say it." I said. The look he gave me was nervous, but was edging me on.

"Look , I didn't know who I would meet at this camp or what I would be doing here, but looking back I don't think I'd want it any other way." I said. He nodded.

"I love you." I said.

His eyes jumped up to meet mine. They searched my face for any signs of regret from the words.

"You don't have to say it ba-"

"I love you too." He said.

And I didn't know why, but two tears slipped down my face and I smiled.

And soon I couldn't stop the tears.

"God , I love you. I love you I love you. I didn't know it'd feel so good to say it but it does." I said, and he smiled, starting to cry too.

"And I need to let you know, I won't let this turn out bad. I won't let it, I promise." I said.

"I know." He said, and then smiled.

We fell asleep on the couch that night, too tired to walk up the stairs, and much too comfortable in each other's arms.

I love him. I've never felt so happy about feeling that emotion, in my entire life.