Trouble

We returned to the field, Jorge having to sit back down at the bleachers, since he wasn't apart of the team.

"Alright, since blue team won, we have filled up balloons with paint, and you may now throw them at yellow team," the counselor said. I looked down and there was a bucket of paint in front of my feet.

"There are some rules though, no throwing at the face , or anywhere above the shoulders. Now, let the throwing commence!" The counselor finished.

We all picked a balloon up, and threw it at someone in front of us, not really having a specific target.

Or , well, at least I didn't have a specific target. Maliki was mainly throwing his at Olivia, and she would laugh and just say "stop". They're cute.

But no, I was blinding throwing for the most part, until noen decided to mess with me, by whispering "boo" in my ear, and making me launch my balloon directly at someone's face.

Everyone stood still, almost like time was frozen. Noens mouth was in the shape of a small "o" and I screamed "fuck".

I didn't know what to do, the only rules they gave us I didn't follow. Not directly, of course, but still. To them I misbehaved.

I looked at the guy I hit. He had dark black hair, and was pale. His hair was combed gently, although now there was specks of yellow glooped through it. One of his eyes were closed, as the paint was pooled together over it, slowly dripping down his face.

At first, I thought the face thing was a stupid rule, until I saw how hard I had to throw it for it to pop.

The guy wiped his eye, flicking the paint from his hand to the ground.

A counselor rushed over, blowing his whistle signaling us to stop, even though we were all already frozen in place.

"What went on here?" He asked, inspecting the obvious situation. Someone got hit in the face, dumbass.

"Benji threw a balloon at my face." The guy said, and the counselor raised a brow at me.

"I-I didn't mean to. I just- it was-" I looked at noen, who had a panicked look on his face, almost pleading me not to bring him into it.

I sighed, and looked down.

"I lost my grip on the balloon, and it must've hit his face, it was not on purpose. I promise," I said, hoping maybe this would erase the situation at hand.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to take you down to the behavioral office. And Anderson, pick someone to walk you down to the nurses office, get an ice pack to maybe stop the bruising." The counselor said. My stomach dropped. Behavioral office? What am I? In fucking school?

I nodded weakly, and they put a harsh hand on my shoulder, walking me down to the office.

-

The man finally released his grip on my shoulder, as I was now in the "behavioral office".

I sat down in a blue chair, and they disappeared down a dark hallway.

I waited for what seemed like forever, and I didn't even know what for. Am I just supposed to sit here? Like hello?

Soon lady walked through some glass doors, and said my name.

"Benjamin Krol," she said. I almost wanted to punch her.

"Benji is fine." I said, standing up as she turned away to walk back through the glass doors.

We walked into an office, and she pointed at a chair for me to sit in, as she sat in a brown chair behind a desk.

"So, do you know why you're here?" She asked, opening a file , and clicking a pen.

I furrowed my brows.
"Yes." I said.
She nodded.
"Could you tell me more?" He asked.

"Jesus lady, do they not tell you why I came here?" I asked, pressing my hand against the flat of her desk. Maybe I was being harsh, but I was getting flash backs of getting trouble in school.

She laughed dryly, nodding.

"They do. I just wanted to make sure you knew." And then her finger came crashing down on a written line on her paper.

"Benjamin kr-"
"Benji"
"Right. Benji Krol, violated the 'no face' rule of paint balloons." She said.

"Okay." I said, "and what exactly is going to happen now?" I asked. God she was so confusing, being so 'strict' and not even saying what the fuck she was going to do.

"Well we have two options." She said. I gestured with my hand telling her to go on.

"You could, 1. Be suspended from camp grounds for a week." She said.

Anxiety rose from within me. No, I don't want to leave jorge.

"Or" she said, flipping the page on the file she had on me, and reading it aloud, "option 2, you could sit in a room with Anderson, and tell him you're sorry, and work your problems out." She said, smiling.

God that bright red lipstick does not suit her.

"Who's Anderson? And what 'problems' are you speaking of?" I asked.

"Don't act infantile. You know your problems with this person." She said.

"I- fam I literally don't even know what the fuck you're talking about so could you please fill me in?"  I raised my voice. Okay maybe not the best idea.

"Well, since you 'don't know' this person had anonymously tried getting you evicted from campus three times, each time has been rightfully denied. So you can sit in a room with him, and work this out." She said.

Now I was more confused.

Who the fuck is Anderson and why does he want me gone?

"Uh- okay then. Option two, I guess." I said. And she smiled, taking a stamp out from her drawer and pressing it down onto a small slip of paper.

"Here," she said, handing me it. " he's in the nurses building, I suggest you fix this now." She smiled, stretching her red stained lips around her white teeth.

I muttered an "okay" and walked my way to the nurses office.

I don't know what the fuck is going on, but I hope someone fills me in soon, Jesus.