Chapter Sixteen

* So these next few chapters are going to be when Naruto has left the village. There won't be many chapters where he is gone. I'll be heading into Shippūden soon. I hope you all are liking it!*

When Naruto and Jiraiya had gotten back to the village Tsunade Senju was decided as Hokage. Naruto had been sent on many missions, Asa and Iruka were proud of the boy. He had shown progress as a ninja but he needed more training, Asa knew it was a matter of time before he was to leave.

Asa and Jiraiya had been talking and the older man thought it would benefit the boy if he was to leave the village with the Sannin. Asa had expressed her dislike for the boy leaving her side. Iruka had put in a comment about it, saying that he thought it would be good for Naruto. Even Iruka was worried but he had to calm Asa.

So, the three had decided that the boy would go with Jiraiya and train. The Sannin said it would only be for about three years, not too long but to Asa that was long enough. As the weeks past and the time for Naruto to leave the village Asa grew more worried.

The time for Naruto to leave came, Asa stood by the gates waiting for Naruto. Iruka had gone to the Raman shop with Naruto for their goodbye. Asa waited, then as she looked up the woman saw Naruto. Asa smiled running to the boy, talking him in her arms.

"I love you Naruto. Be safe," the blond hugged her nephew. Naruto laughed hugging the woman back.

"I love you too Asa. I will be safe, I'll be stronger too so don't worry about me!" Naruto pulled away from the Namikaze. He smiled up at the woman before turning and running towards Jiraiya. Asa waved to the boy, tears in her eyes as she watched him running.

Asa still saw the little boy she cared for, it was hard for the woman to see the person she raised leave. But for Naruto to be stronger and the best ninja he could, the boy had to leave. She knew in three years time the boy would be back. Asa turned from the village gates and left for their house. The long, quiet walk back weighted on her heart, the tears never stopped flowing down her face.
***
Asa had stayed in bed all day, Iruka had gotten home to see his girlfriend laying in Naruto's messy room. She held onto his pillow, tears still present. Iruka sighed, he knew how much this hurt her. The Umino walked towards the woman, sitting next to her.

"He'll be back," Iruka told the woman. Asa sighed, looking up at her boyfriend who only smiled down at her lovingly.

"I know. It's just... It's hard. I watched him grow up..." the woman looked to Iruka. Iruka leaned down, kissing her head as he stood up.

"Why don't we go out for a bit," Iruka said holding his hand out. Asa stood up, leaving the pillow behind as she took her boyfriends hand. The two left the house, Iruka brought Asa to the Yamanaka flower shop. The woman looked through the flowers to find some to plant in their small back yard.

Iruka was happy to see her mood change slightly, Asa always loved planting flowers. When her and Naruto lived in their small apartment the woman would have potted plants to tend to, it was something that made her happy. After the flower shop, Iruka had taken her to get something to eat. The two spent the whole night close together, holding hands as they walked.
***
~3 months~
Asa felt like time was passing slowly. She had to keep her mind off of missing her nephew. The woman had helped Sakura in her training with Lady Tsunade, she even went on more missions. Asa had been in the village less, she was missing Iruka when she was sent on long missions. It reminded her when Naruto was younger and she had been on missions for months at a time.

The woman finally had time off, after spending about a month on one mission. Asa walked through the village gates, Izumo and Kotetsu sitting at the guard station. Asa waved to the two, walking closer to them.

"Hi boys!" The woman smiled.

"Hey Asa!" They said in unison.

"Welcome back. Mission done?" Kotetsu questioned. Izumo stood up leaning over the desk.

"You should go see Iruka!" Shouted Izumo. Asa giggled, rolling her eyes before running off.

Asa had reported to Lady Tsunade, telling the woman how the mission went and what she had found. It was just a stake out mission, just to report any changes in activity. Asa then rushed off to the academy, she knew Iruka would be there seeing as it was in the middle of the day.

When she got to the door, the woman saw her boyfriend sitting on a bench as the kids played on their break. Asa smiled to herself, consealing her chakra, Asa then jumped the fence quietly. A few students looked to the woman, but she held her hand to her lips meaning to be quiet. The Namikaze leaned over, putting her hands on his eyes.

"Guess who," Asa whispered in Iruka's ear.

"Asa..." the male trailed turning his head to see the woman he loves. Asa smiled brightly to her boyfriend, then placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm sorry for being away," the woman looked down. Iruka smiled, standing to his feet. The man pulled her into his arms, hugging the woman he loves.

"It's okay. We live in the world of shinobi, I understand when a mission comes you have to go," the man looked into Asa eyes. She smiled at him, Iruka was a loving man and he showed her everyday.

"Let me make you dinner tonight. To make up for me being gone," Asa smiled. Iruka nodded, kissing her cheek then calling the kids to go inside. Asa smiled to herself, the grin grew as she saw Iruka turn slightly and wave to her. She was lucky to have a man like him loving her and she was glad that he loved her.