Chapter Twenty

The next few days were stressful for Asa. Had been working hard, she trained with Kurenai's team, but every morning she had been waking up sick. Iruka had noticed the fourth day it happened. She woke him up by accident, running to the bathroom before inevitably throwing up. Iruka expressed his worry, but Asa had brushed him off. Naruto kept training, he recently been sent to Mount Myōboku. He was training to learn Sage mode, Asa had urged him to go.

Asa and Iruka left the house, they decided to go out for the day. The woman yawned, she was tired like every morning. As they walked she looked up to the sky, it was a bright day beautiful day. The sun was shining, everyone was out running around. Asa wore her ninja clothing; a blue crop top with a fishnet shirt and black shorts. These were her simple clothing, the ones she always wore on a mission.

The two walked the market strip of the village, Asa had asked Iruka to come with her were she wasn't feeling all that well. Asa had a bad feeling that settled in, she felt as if something was going to happen. Asa looked at Iruka to see he was looking ahead, a smile on his face. He was happy that it was such a beautiful day.

Asa reached out, grabbing onto Iruka's hand just explosions happened. Iruka took a fighting stance standing in front of Asa, she pulled out a kunai from her pouch. The two looked at each other, the same look on their faces.

They started ran together to find out what was happening. The Umino and Namikaze ran together, fighting off attacks and helping any ninja's they could. The two jumped from roof to roof with three other ninja's when a giant orange centipede was about to attack a child and her grandmother. As the monster got closer, a teen in pink smashed the giant centipede.

"Sakura!" Yelled Iruka as he jumped from the roof. Asa noticed the teen as Naruto's teammate, the girl she helped train. Asa rushed down with him, standing by the mans side.

"Iruka sensei, Asa what is this?" The girl asked, healing the young child's wound.

"I dont know. But it's attacking the leaf village. Don't worry though, I contacted Lady Tsunade. So the alarm should sound any minute now," Iruka told his former student.

"I can't believe we'd be under attack. But who would do such a thing?" Questioned Sakura as she looked down. Then just as quick an explosion sounded near them. Asa turned to Sakura.

"You need to get them out of here. Iruka let's go," Asa demanded. Iruka nodded turning from the teen and child.

The group then headed off, seeing if there was some others that needed help. As Asa and Iruka had gotten spilt from the group they ran with an orange haired man stood in front of them, looking at the two.

"Where is Naruto Uzumaki?" He questioned looking from the blond and brunette. Asa looked to Iruka, worry on her face. They were looking for Naruto.

"I dont know!" Shouted Asa.

"Run Asa," whispered Iruka. Asa didn't listen though, she stood her ground with a kunai in hand.

"Very well," the orange male said. He let a rod slip from his sleeve showing it to the pair as they stood in a fighting stance. The male rushed at the two, fighting with the rod in his hand. Asa tried attacking only to be pushed away.

"Asa!" Shouted Iruka as he tried to rush to her. The Pein went right after him, Asa jumped to her feet and got in front of Iruka pushing him out of the way as Pein shoved the rod into Asa. She screamed as the rod pierced into her shoulder. Iruka pushed the Pein away fighting him off. Asa dropped to her knees, holding onto her shoulder. Kakashi stepped in thankfully and Iruka helped pulled Asa up and ran away. She was left in the hospital with many other ninja's as Iruka ran to help more, telling the woman he would be back.