Chapter Eighteen

~Two years and six months~
In five more months Naruto would be home. Asa wasn't sure what day, or even when. She just knew in three years he was going to return to the village. Asa would have the boy she loved home, the boy who was like a son. Asa longed for her family to be whole again. The woman always thought of Iruka and Naruto as family, Naruto being her brothers son but her lover, even before they started dating she thought of them as a family.

Iruka had suggested that the two go on a date. Almost every Friday they would go on a date, but the last two months it hadn't happened. So, Iruka had laid out an orange dress that Asa loved and made plans for the date. Asa stood in front of the mirror in their bedroom brushing out her hair.

"Are you in there dear?" Iruka knocked on the bedroom door.

"Yes," Asa called over her shoulder. Iruka opened the door and walked in. When he did the Umino's eyes bugged out of his head. Asa's dress stopped mid thigh, the dress had thin straps and it hugged her tightly, making the curves she had stand out.

"Re... Ready?" Iruka stammered. Asa giggled, seeing the effect she had on the man.

"Yes," Asa replied to the Umino. Iruka held out his hand, the woman took it and they left the room together.

"Okay, close your eyes and hold my hand tight," Iruka instructed the blond.

"Don't let me hit anything," warned the Namikaze. Her tone was dangerous as she looked at the man next to her, Iruka swallowed hard knowing that there was a threat in there. Asa closed her eyes, letting Iruka guide her from the house. She could tell they walked outside but from there she had no clue as to where they were headed. It was ten minutes, she could tell that they walked when Iruka whispered to her.

"We're here," once those words left his mouth Asa opened her eyes. Before her on the hill that they used to play on sat a picnic basket and a blanket.

"Iruka..." Trailed the woman as she looked to her lover. The man smiled down at her, staring into her shining eyes. Iruka walked with Asa up to the blanket. They sat down together, Iruka pulling out the rice balls and dango's that were packed. Two of Asa's favorite food.

"This is beautiful. Thank you," Asa smiled at the man. She leaned close and pecked his cheek. Iruka blushed looking down at the food that he placed before them.

"Your welcome. It's been hard on you. Naruto being away. I wanted to do something nice," the Umino told her. They started to eat, silently, enjoying the peace that they had.

Iruka put his hand inside his pocket, pulling out the small box he had hidden in there. The pony tailed man pulled out the box without Asa noticing, he then put his hand behind his back and finished eating.

When they were done eating Asa leaned against Iruka, they stared out at the village. The golden hue of sunlight starting to set. The bright orange and golden yellow reflected off of Asa, her blond hair had a golden look to it. Iruka looked down at Asa, seeing the light in her eyes as she looked out at the village.

Iruka moved, getting onto his knees in front of the woman. He took her hands in his, the man looked into Asa's eyes, a nervous look on his face.

"Asa... Will... Will you marry me?" The Umino asked, his hand showing the ring. Asa stared at the man in shock. Her eyes wide as tears started to form. She couldn't believe what Iruka had just asked her.

"Ye... Yes!" Shouted the woman as she threw her arms around him. Asa was crying, tear running down her face as the woman connected her lips to his. Iruka kissed back, he was so happy that she said yes. Iruka pulled away from Asa, taking her face in his hands as he wiped the tears from her cheeks.