Chapter Twenty- Four

Asa had a hard time when Iruka was gone, the woman would spend most day's helping rebuild the village when she could, or even spent time in the backyard of her home where she srarted to plant flowers. Ebisu noticed the mood the woman held most days, the sad look, the worry glances at the village gates when she was near them. Asa worried for both Iruka and Naruto, she wanted them to come home safe. She wished so badly for this war to be over with. 

The blonde now sat in the back of her house, a small pillow under her head as she laid in the sun. The Namikaze enjoyed the warmth of the sun's rays on her face, when Naruto was just a baby the two teens spend the nicer days outside with the little baby and enjoy the sun. The woman was sprawled on the grass now, hands on her large belly as she stared up into the blue sky. Iruka on her mind as she wondered where the man was in this minute and if he was fine. 

This was a daily thing for the woman, wondering what the two were up to or even safe. Asa sighed as she noticed a few clouds passing by. The silence was broken when Asa heard a noise coming from her house. The woman turned her head slightly to see Konohamaru walking towards her. 

"Big sister Asa!" called the boy. Konohamaru always called Asa big sister and Naruto big brother. The woman always saw the boy as a little brother since he had grown close to her nephew. 

"Hey little brother," Asa held out her hand, "Can you help me up."

"Sure!" the boy said happily, pulling the woman up from her laying position. Asa got to her feet, looking down at the boy. 

"What brings you here?" the woman smiled. She walked towards the house with the boy following her. 

"Ebisu sensei asked for me to check on you. Big brother Naruto and Iruka sensei asked for us to keep an eye on you," Konohamaru replied. Asa looked behind her to see the boy smiling, she always had a soft spot for the boy like Iruka and Naruto. The three were family to her. 

"Well, why don't we go to Ichiruka's," suggest Asa as she walked into the house. 

"Okay! Are you sure, you'll be fine?" the young boy questioned. 

Asa smiled, "Of course, I will." Asa slung her around the boy, a large smile on her face that mimicked Naruto's. Konohamaru smiled at the woman as the two left the house and walked into town. 

As the two walked deeper into the village, Asa's arm still around the kid as they made their way closer to the ramen shop. When the pair walked through the flaps, Teuchi stood behind the counter with his daughter. 

Asa smiled to the father and daughter as she walked in. Ayame squeaked as the female walked in, the young woman ran around the counter and to the Namikaze. 

"Look how big you are!" the female screeched. Asa laughed as she held a hand to her stomach as the woman did the same. Teuchi smiled at the pair. He knew how close his daughter had gotten to the woman after the village was destroyed. 

Asa took a seat at the bar table top as Konohamaru sat next to her, the pair order food as the two females talked. Konohmaru loved seen the woman he saw as a sister happy. The boy noticed since Naruto and Iruka had left that she changed. Her mood was worried and down cast. The boy wanted to do everything to make the female happy because he knew that's was Naruto would do. 

After a while the two left the ramen shop and went see Kurenai. The brown haired woman was happy to see her friend, both woman had large bellies. Konohamaru stayed near them, one was his late uncles lover and the other being his big brothers aunt. He loved both woman, they were like his family, so the boy stayed with them. 

Asa smiled to her friend as the talked for a while. Kurenai asking how Asa felt and Asa asking the same of the red eyed woman. this lasted for hours the two talking, Konohamaru started to get a little bored and the Namikaze could sense it.   

So, hours after Konohamaru and Asa's visit to Ichiruka's, then Kurenia's aparrtment the pair had walked back to the Umino house. Asa place blanket's and a mat in her room for Konohamaru after seeing how late it had become. 

"Why don't you stay," the female offered, "I don't mind the company."

Konohamaru grinned, "Sure!" 

Asa smiled at the boy as she walked back into her room with more blanket's and pillows. Konohamaru watched as the female as she busied herself. The boy walked forward, grabbing a few blanket's and helped her. 

"Iruka sensei would be mad if I didn't help you," Konohamaru told the female. Asa laughed, she knew if Iruka was here he would be worrying and freaking out. 

"He would. Iruka would also be freaking out," the woman laughed. Both started to laugh as they knew the man well. 

"So have you and Iruka sensei talked about getting married?" the young boy questioned looking up to the blond. 

"Not since he left..." the female trailed looking over to a framed picture of her and Iruka. Konohamaru noticed her silence and saw the Namikaze staring at the picture with a worried look on her face. 

"I'm sure Iruka sensei will come back safe. He has you and your baby," the boy gave a close eyed smile. Asa weakly smiled back, walking towards Konohamaru and pulling the boy into a hug. 

"He will. I have faith in him," whispered the blonde as she pulled away. Asa then grabbed a few clothing for Konoahmaru and pointed him to the bathroom. While the boy was gone she changed herself before lying in the bed. The two then fell asleep for the night, Asa had enjoyed the company of another since Iruka had left. The boy reminded her of Naruto, the two children having been friends since Naruto was in the academy. 

~~~

I hope you all liked this chapter. I know it's a little fluff chapter, I'm trying to get through the show right now. My plan is to put in a side how Asa feels being home in the village and not in battle. I wanted a different path, but I'm hoping it works. Let me know how you al are liking this so far. The updates might be a little slow until I am able to get through the battle or finish the show all together.