07 • i have the power of google and instagram on my side

Okay before you say anything, I'm not biased. But I don't need to explain myself to y'all, so whatever.

The title is self-explanatory, don't you think?

Of course, the first one goes without saying. Do research before writing your book, it's part of planning. If you're not sure about something, search it in the internet. Looking for inspiration? Google. Out of names? Google. Looking for plotlines to copy? Goog-

I'm kidding. God, don't do that, ever. Be original for fuck's sake. Have some dignity in you. This will only backfire, trust me (why do I keep saying this, do you guys even trust me at all?)

And no, I don't say that from experience. Lmao.

Write what you want to see in a book. This is still the best advice, and I'mma pass it on to you people. You're welcome.

Now, on to the next one..

Instagram. Now before we get on, I just wanna tell you guys about my sponsor. It's this app, and it's completely free-

God, I watch too many YouTube videos.

Use social media platforms to your advantage (here we go again).

I strongly recommend that you guys use Instagram for this because there are a ton of Wattpaders out there, and it's much more convinient to use than Twitter.

You can make a writing account, make friends with other Wattpaders, and get more recognition on your works. With that said, feel free to follow me in Instagram @alinawritesblues. You can also go check out my follower list becuase there are a lot of Wattpaders there.

In a nutshell, specializing is very important or if you really want to be recognized. Be careful though, there are a number of creeps outs there (keep your account private and don't accept follows from suspicious looking accounts). I've encountered a handful of them *shudders*

Don't give out that much personal information. Don't, ever, give out your fucking address I swear.

Oh I don't know if I mentioned this before, but be friendly with others (of course). You can message other Wattpaders there (most of them include it in their bio) and you know, ask them for a read for read or something.

Just, make friends. There are a lot of friendly people out there that I've talked to. You'll also stumble upon shoutout accounts one way or another, so you can take advantage of that (they will give your book a shoutout in their Insta account).

Hope this helped!