34 • profile rating

[is there anything else that you want me to talk about? feel feel to request by commenting inline!]

A Wattpad profile consists of:
- Username
- User icon (profile pic) and Background
- Bio
- Published stories
- Reading lists

At first it might not seem that way, but you should have realized by now that it is not only your stories that you should give attention to but your profile wall as well.

I know it looks like I'm making a big thing out of it but you'll understand the more you spend your time on Wattpad. Or at least, once you start to understand how things work.

1. Username

As you can see from the photo I've inserted above this chapter, I actually made a small poll on Instagram a few days ago. It's been in my mind for quite a long time now, and of course, I didn't want to base this chapter on my opinion only.

Results:

A = A person's username on Wattpad affects how I look at their account and additionally, the stories they have written

A = A person's username on Wattpad affects how I look at their account and additionally, the stories they have written. [3%]

B = A person's username on Wattpad affects how I look at their account, but not towards their stories. [29%]

C = A person's username on Wattpad don't bother me at all. I only take their works into account. [61%]

DEPENDS (mostly C) = [7%]

--

Personally, I will go with 'B' on this one, but sometimes 'A' is pretty accurate too. Let me know what you guys think.

In a nutshell, your username MATTERS.

Your username and profile picture plays a part on how other users will react when they see your comment. It will either make them visit your profile or not, so you need to grab their attention. (Yes, it is a thing).

If you're a fan of a certain thing (maybe a play, anime, book series, artist, singer, etc.) then you can get ideas from it too! Trust me, you'll meet a lot more people from the same fandom.

Avoid:
- A lot of numbers (e.g. @walkingecho1928373)
- Words that don't go together/weird and cringy (e.g. @FantasticallyCheesyMe)
- Recurring letters (e.g. @Alinaaaaaaaa)
- Phrases (e.g. @pleasedontdothisitsbad)
- Too much symbols (e.g. @walking--echo_)
- CHANGING YOUR USERNAME TOO MUCH

The bottom line here is that your username needs to be easily remembered by people. If you get famous, that's great because your username will pop up in the search engine without others needing to type the accurate one, but of course we all start at the bottom so you should be the one to adjust.

Oh and before I forget, don't make your username offensive or too erotic because that'll affect your image hmm?

[I got my username from an online username generator by the way lol. Where did you get yours? Comment so others might get an idea!]

2. Profile picture / User icon

First things first, PLEASE don't use Wattpad's default user icon.

I'm not saying they suck (they do), but your goal here is to STAND OUT

I'm not saying they suck (they do), but your goal here is to STAND OUT. I can't even describe how bad it is to not change your profile photo. I'm telling you mate, IT'S THE GOLDEN RULE on Wattpad.

Also, I usually assume that accounts with profile pictures like those are just bots and maybe spam accounts so that's more reason not to leave it be.

As I mentioned, you can get ideas from fandoms you're part of because this will really help you meet more people with the same interest!

3. Bio (think before you type)

I've seen people with aesthetic bios and it's great but I personally think it's been overused and you, as a user, should try to do something else. This is the first thing people will see when they open your user, so write something different and show them what you got.

Avoid:
- Grammatical errors (it's a turn off and you'll lose attention)
- Too many quotes (or one quote alone as a bio)
- Sharing too much personal information
- Too much emojis and symbols
- Any offensive content

+ YOU CAN COMMENT HERE AND ASK THE OPINION OF OTHERS. Help one another!

4. Reading Lists

I've heard from some that users actually gain followers from their reading lists. There is no 'perfect way' to make your reading lists and it is extremely opinionated but here are a few tips.

- Don't name them negatively (e.g. Badly written books/Not worth reading)
- Try to be diverse in your books by trying out other genres than what you usually read
- Spread love and support 'undiscovered' authors (Motivate them into writing!)
- Avoid adding your own works to a reading list (exception if it's from your other account or is part of a series)

BOTTOMLINE: THERE ARE COUNTLESS WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROFILE SO BE CREATIVE AND MAKE SURE IT STANDS OUT!!

-

IMPORTANT NOTE: I apologize for looking inactive as it has been days and I still can't post announcements on my message board. I recently contacted Wattpad Support and they are having a hard time on identifying the problem so if you're encountering the same issue then please send a ticket so they'll have an idea on what might have caused this!

As you can see, I bailed on the next Rnovel chapter and already wrote one about a new topic. I just realized days ago that they're not worth my time/effort, they lost my interest and I have no idea what made me write about it at the first place haha. Sorry for the disappoint but their app was such a turn off for me :(

Moving on, I just reached 1k followers on Instagram (thank you for the support!) and I am hosting a small writing contest that is inspired by my short story 'Letters To Dom' 💕 Check it out if you haven't yet hehe, I'll appreciate it.

PRIZES ARE INCLUDED and everyone is encouraged to join so if you're interested then head to the contest book I recently published on my profile. Thank you and have a great day everyone!

xx Alina