11 • uPdAtE wHeN rEaCheS 1K

I'm sorry to disappoint but you don't fucking do that when you're not that discovered yet as an author !!!!!! *yells in frustration and throws phone across the room*

I swear, I hate it when I see authors not updating their books and being like: "Will update when book reaches 500 reads/votes/comments! LeT's Do ThIs!"

NO! THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS OH MY GOD.

This is NOT a good strategy and it will never be. Unless you're really famous and a lot of people are willing to read your book.

Seriously, I've seen authors who do this and their book is not even good. This is an absolute turn-off to your readers. Don't be a dumbass and don't do this shit.

If you did this then you might as well have told your readers that you don't appreciate what they had done for you. Don't be a greedy bitch, it will bring you nowhere.

You should be thankful that your book has reads but never overestimate your readers. They might support you at first, but it doesn't mean they'll stick until the end of time.

Yes, I get that you're desperate. But no.

If you think that your readers will do whatever you want them to do, you're wrong.

Think of this like the 'customer knows best' policy. Or you know, 'reader knows best'.

You should be the one adjusting for them, not the other way around. Their opinions matter the most, because your book will be nothing without your readers.

Don't forget, there are a million of other books here in Wattpad. They read your book, and you should be grateful. You're not supposed to push them away. You should update frequently, put in the most effort, and convince them that your book is worth reading.

You'll know you passed the test when they stuck till the end *wink*

Since we're in the topic, I want to take this chance to thank all of you guys for sticking with me. It's been a month and a half, and I couldn't be more grateful for all of you. When I first started this book, my main intention was to share my ideas with you guys and help you all with any way possible. I've suffered through the same problems myself, so I understand. And I did it.

It makes me happy to see that you guys enjoyed reading this book, not to mention learned things from it. Words couldn't express how thankful I am. I love you all ✩

And no, this is not the end lmao. There are more and more chapters to come.