Meeting Shield

IZUKU POV

'I should have known that was going to be his answer'

Izuku Midoriya, a powerless person in a superhuman society, was just told he could never be a hero by his idol and number one hero himself All Might. He was always told he couldn't be a hero without the powers called quirks, but this put the nail in the coffin. All he could do was sulk his way home. Even when his mom tried to talk to him he just walked by, she already gave up on him anyway. Shutting himself in his room he goes to his safe haven.

The digital world always gave his a sense of equality. Everyone talks and goes about their business without going out of their way to bully him. Even if it was because they didn't know he was quirkless, it felt so liberating. He would spend hours upon hours just on random chat boards, especially on a day like today.

It was nearing 11 pm, almost a full 8 hours since he got on, and he was thinking of calling it a night. Just before he was going to log off, a certain chat board caught his eye. Quirkless Meetup. It had been active for a few weeks now and he would usually ignore it, but one thing caught his attention. In all the time it has been active only 1 person is ever in it. At this point he has nothing to lose. So he musters all the courage he has and starts typing.

"Hello?"

MELISSA POV

Sitting in her room Melissa Shield lays her head on her desk. It had been 6 weeks since she had opened that chat board in hopes of finding other quirkless people to talk to, but it seemed hopeless. She was just thinking about if she should just close it already, until she heard a notification.

"Hello?"

She couldn't believe it. Somebody actually sent her a message. She quickly comprosed herself and gave a response.

"Hi there!"

"This seems like a dumb question given the chat name but are you actually quirkless?"

Melissa started to worry. She would get questions like this all the time before she would get laughed at. But instead of fearing the worst she just hoped for the best.

"Yes, I am"

"Wow! I never thought I'd find another quirkless person given how rare we are!"

Melissa was practically jumping around like a little girl. Someone actually contacted her, and it wasn't as a prank! They started talking about everything, their experiences being quirkless, how they get by, and even there daily routine. But then Melissa asked a question that changed everything.

"What's your dream?"

IZUKU POV

"What's your dream?"

Izuku didn't exactly know how to respond to that. Even after all he's been through, does he still want to be a hero? Instead of debating with himself, he took a leap of faith.

"I want to be a hero"

Izuku sat there staring at the screen, dreading what he saw. Nothing. His new friend said nothing, no reaction, no laughing, nothing. He had just met this person and already he scared them off. He was about to crawl into his bed when he saw something. A request for a video call. He eagerly accepted the request.

What he saw staring back at him was quite possibly the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, fair skin, and a gorgeous smile. She only asked one thing.

"Do you really want to be a hero" her voice filled with determination.

"More than anything"