The Argument

(Sorry for the late upload)

Melissa POV

It's been another two months since she let it slip that All Might was my uncle. To her surprise, he took it quite well, saying it's not her fault for his actions. She was working on another support item for Izuku when her dad, David Shield walked in.

"Hey honey, what you working on?"

"Oh, hi dad. Just another support item"

"Funny how you said another. You see, I just found out you were sending those items to japan"

"Oh yeah, I got a friend there who's gonna use them" she beamed thinking back to Izuku.

"Well that's kind of a problem sweety. We aren't allowed to send gear to non-heros" he lied.

"Really? I didn't know about that"

"Yeah, they implemented it recently as another precautionary measure" he lied again.

"But my friend is gonna to to school to be a hero!"

"I'm sorry, but we can't start making exceptions. That's how things start to fall apart"

"*sigh* guess there's no helping it"

"Sorry kiddo, I gotta go, love you" he said as he walked off.

David POV

'Damn, that was hard. But I can't  have my daughter be used by some random schmuck that want to be heroes. Let alone a quirkless kid'

Melissa POV

It had been an additional two weeks since that talk. Though she didn't send any more items, she did still talk to Izuku about training and how to do maintenance on the gloves. What she didn't know was that her dad had been watching her talk to Izuku the entire two weeks.

"Melissa, we need to talk"

"Hmm? About what?"

"You're friend. I don't want you talking to him anymore"

"What why!"

"I don't think you should be encouraging his unrealistic dream"

"Wha- how is it unrealistic! It can be real if he tries! Why are you saying this?"

"He's weak! He can't be taking down villains! He's just some Quir-"

"Quirkless! Is that what you were gonna say!"

"Melissa, don't be like this"

"Like what, huh! I thought that at least you'd be different, but no! Your just like everyone else!" She screamed, he face going red.

"Now just list-" before he could continue she stomped out of the lab.

David POV

'God, this is just great. Now I gotta deal with this' he sulked.

(5 hour time skip)

'Alright time to deal with this' he thought, "Melissa! It's me, lets talk about this!"

Now usually he would have expected the silent treatment, but something was off. When Melissa would be mad before, she would always work on something. But listening to the inside of the room revealed complete silence.

"Melissa! If you don't answer me I'm gonna go in there!"

Still nothing.

"Alright!"

Breaking the door down revealed a room in disaster. Clothes everywhere, tools missing, and an empty spot where her travel stuff would usually sit.

She had run away.

Melissa POV

'Good thing the flight is leaving now, dad should be realizing I'm gone right about now' she thought.

Tear marks evident on her face, her thoughts were interrupted by an old lady asking her something.

"I know that face. It's the one you make when you've been betrayed by someone close to you" she paused a moment, " it's evident that you're running away, but where to hun?"

"I'm going to a friend, to see if they can help me"

"I know your leaving to go be with them, but remember to actually rely on them. If their really your friend they will try everything to comfort you, but you have to let them help"

Melissa thought for a moment "Thank you, that's helpful advice"

"No problem sweety"

(11 hour time skip)

Midoriya POV

Izuku was watching TV waiting for his mom to finish dinner when there was a knock on the door.

"Izuku honey, could you get the door?"

"Sure thing mom" he replied.

Opening the door revealed a tired and depressed Melissa, bags in hand.

"Melissa?!"

"Izuku" she said before hugging him and breaking down.

Following her lead he dropped to the floor and hugged her as to try and comfort her as she released all of her pentup sadness.