🖤 Joycelyn Briana Salazar🧜

ROLE. ~ The Mermaid

NAME. ~ Joycelyn Briana Salazar

AGE. ~ 18

GENDER. ~ Female

SEXUALITY. ~ Heterosexual

FACE CLAIM. ~ Danna Paola

 ~ Danna Paola

PERSONALITY. ~ Joycelyn is a kindhearted soul. She's an easy going girl that loves to put a smile on people's faces. She treats others with kindness even those rude to her. She loves to have a good time, and hang out with her friends. She carries a charming smile and will do anything for those she loves. She can be stubborn at times, which can be a surprise to some. She may be kind but she's no push over. Always expect the truth from her, she never sugarcoats anything she says. It takes a lot for her to get angry, like it's super rare. She cares for her loved ones dearly and will protect them with her life.

Joyce can also be calm, and cheery. Photography is her life. Believing every photo holds a story, she always sees the world behind her camera lens. She's always up for an adventure, not caring if it's dangerous. She has a heart of gold. Always willing to help others, even if it means risking her life. She believes it's better to always look at the bright side. She doesn't like to be told what to do or even follow rules. She prefers to run free and listen to her instincts. But even then, when it comes down to it she will listen to others and help out. She spends most of the time strolling at night when the moon is out and about. She loves to bathe herself with moonlight, which helps her clear her thoughts. She'll even sing to herself to make the night better. She'll never betray you, she'll stay loyal till the end. She's a fighter not a runner.

BACKSTORY. ~ Joycelyn grew up in an average home with a loving and caring family. Though she wasn't the youngest in the family, she was the only girl. That lead to her brothers and her father getting very protective of her. Something both she and her mother disapproved of. She hated being told what she could and couldn't do. Who she was allowed to be around with. Heck even who she was allowed to date, if that even happened. At first it didn't bother her too much, she enjoyed having the attention of the men in her family, but as she got older she couldn't bare it anymore.

So when she turned 14, with the help of her mother, she put her foot down. Becoming brutally honest of her family's over-protectiveness, they finally let her be. Though her older brother still kept a close watch on her. Which she didn't mind too much seeing as she adored him, but hated how big of an ego he could get.

She discovered her passion for photography at the age of 9, when she had all girls day with her mother and aunties. They went shopping, watched a movie, and had dinner. But just when the sun was about to set, they all took a walk near the ocean. With their feet dipped in the water, they watched as it went from day to night. Joyce loved sunsets but was always disappointed once it was over. One of her aunts showed her the picture of the sunset she took just before it disappeared. And since then has gotten very passionate about her work. Though only a scarce few have seen her photography, believing she still needed work in her skills.

When Joycelyn was 7, her family decided to take a trip down to the beach. They were all excited, including her triplet brothers since it would be his first time swimming out in the open. The day started off perfect. A picnic by the sea, swimming with her brothers, and even playing games with her parents. But things changed drastically, when she decided to wonder off on her own. She wanted to see how far she could swim, to prove she could take care of herself. Everything didn't go as planned, when a strong current pushed under the water. It fazed her for only a second before trying to swim back to the surface, but try as she might, she didn't move an inch. It wasn't till later she realized her foot got tangled on some seaweed and no matter what she did, she couldn't break free. And just as she was about to lose consciousness, her legs became a mermaid tail, and she was able to breathe. Since then she discovered her families origins. Her mother being a mermaid and teaching her the basics of being one.
2 COLORS TO MATCH YOUR OC. ~
Lavender & Pastel Pink

THEME SONG. ~

Danna Paola

FAMILY. ~
Angela Lorena Salazar (Mother, Alive, 46)
Marco Jakeson Salazar (Father, Alive, 50)
Jorge Landon Salazar (Brother, Alive, 24)
Albert Thomas Salazar (Brother, Alive, 20)
Travis Kristopher Salazar (Brother, Alive, 15)
Terence Kyle Salazar (Brother, Alive, 15)
Timothy Killian Salazar (Brother, Alive, 15)
Luis Andrew Salazar (Brother, Alive, 10)

EXTRA. ~
• Carries a locket given to her by her grandmother
• Always carries a camera around her neck
• Knows basic Defense skills
• Loves to sing but only does it in secret

gravitationals