Ghost! Todoroki x Reader - Part 1

"Y/N! Hurry up, we're leaving!" My mother calls from downstairs.

Today we are moving. I don't want to leave my friends behind, but it's for the sake of our family. My dad got a job offering in Musutafu, and we desperately needed the money, so we decided to move.

"Coming!" I yell, grabbing my bag and rushing downstairs.

"Took you long enough, idiot." My brother deadpans.

"Be nice to your sister, B/N." My mother sighs, shaking her head. My brother simply clicks his tongue in response.

"Are we ready to go?" My dad walks in, head peeping in the doorway.

"Yep! Let's go!" I say happily, walking towards the door. My dad steps out of the way and holds the door open.

Everyone follows suit, walking towards the door and to the car. We didn't have alot of stuff to begin with, so it was just our car, no moving trucks.

I got inside the backseat, and so did my brother. I sigh, a sad expression forming on my face.

"Why the long face, Y/N?" My dad asks as he looks in me in the rearview mirror.

"How stupid can you be? It's obvious she's sad because she has to leave everything behind here in Hosu." My mother scoffs at my father.

My parents relationship isn't what it used to be. They really loved each other, but now, they just bicker back and forth.

"Sorry for caring about her!" My dad shakes his head, driving off.

Needless to say, they fought for the whole car ride. I've gotten good at tuning it out, though.

~•~

"We're here, you two!" My dad's voice woke me up.

"Finally.. Hey, you never said this house looked haunted." My brother looks out the window, raising his eyebrows.

"I can assure you, it's not haunted." My mother shakes her head, opening up her door and stepping out.

I open up my door and step out, looking at the house in front of me. It looked so old..

"You two go inside and check the house out. We'll get the boxes." My dad walks towards the back of the truck, and my brother and I nodded.

I skip up towards the house, grabbing the doorknob and pushing the door open. My brother rolls his eyes and pushes past me.

"Ow! Don't push me!" I whine, following him inside and shutting the door behind me.

"Whatever." My brother scoffs.

I look around the house, and it was actually a decent size. It was bigger than my old house, that's for sure. The house looked dusty and spooky, some cobwebs formed in the corners of the house. I shudder quietly, walking towards the stairs.

"I'm gonna go upstairs, is that okay?" I point up the stairs, and my brother ignores me.

"Okay." I sigh, walking up the stairs. This place definitely needed a makeover.

I look around nonchalantly, checking out all the bedrooms. When I looked in the master bedroom, though, I saw a faint light. It was the shape of a person.

I blink a couple of times before shaking my head. "Must be my imagination." I mumble to myself. Then I hear quiet knocking coming from the closet door.

I freeze up. Dealing with spooky and mysterious stuff is not my strong suit.

"..Hello?" I say quietly, walking towards the closet door cautiously.

There was a very quiet sigh, and then the knocking stopped.

"What the hell-" I step back, looking around quickly. It wasn't just me and my brother in this house. That was a fact.

"Haven't seen a human in a while. It's a shame they can't see me." A dull, male's voice was heard behind me. I whip my head around agressively, seeing a male behind me. He wasn't human, though. He was slightly see-through.

"Who are you?!" I stumble backwards, my eyes wide. He was just as shocked as me.

"..You can see me?" He asks quietly, his eyes still wide.

"Of course I can! Why are you in here?!" I yelp, and he quickly shushes me.

"Please be quiet." He says softly.

I take a minute to look at his features. He seemed to have dual-colored hair, as well as heterochromatic eyes. And then I saw a bruise around his neck.

"..Are you.. dead?" I ask slowly, lowering my voice.

"Yes." He answers, nodding.

"No way. Quit screwing with me." I furrow my eyebrows, pointing a finger at him.

"I'm not. I can assure you I'm dead." He says in a monotone voice.

"So then.. this house is haunted?" I ask myself quietly.

"Sure." The male must've heard me, answering my question.

"What's your name, then..?" I ask, tilting my head. "I'm Y/N L/N."

"Todoroki Shouto. Now, if you would be so kind.. get out of my house." He says in a low tone.

"Your house? This is my house now." I furrow my eyebrows. He almost looked pissed off by my answer.

"Why would you want a dirty, old house like this?" He folds his arms, his expression faltering.

"I didn't choose it. Ask my mom and dad if you wanna know." I shrug.

He simply sighs in response, shaking his head. My brother walks inside the room I was in.

"Why are you talking to yourself? You creep." B/N asks harshly.

"Uh." I look at Todoroki, but he was gone.

"Shut up! Don't be so mean to me." I pout.

"I'm telling mom you're insane." He walks away, and I whine, running after him.

"Nooo!" I whine, chasing after him. He starts to run away from me, snickering quietly.

3rd Person POV

Todoroki reappears, watching the H/C haired girl run away.

"..She cannot find out. No matter what." He tells himself, shaking his head lightly.

~•~

Word Count: 967

Done! If you want to see a second part, let me know! I had a lot of fun making this, actually. Oh, I'd like to see what your theories are on how Todoroki died!

Anyways, if you have any recommendations for a one-shot, let me know! Enjoy! ÙwÚ