Hero! Todoroki x Suicidal! Reader

You step up on the roof, your hands in your pockets. Today was the day.

The day you ended your life.

Everyone always tells you; It will get better. Yeah, right. Not for you. Your life was shit. People turned their heads from you when you needed them most. You were abused by your parents, but no one did anything about it.

So, when you get near that edge, no one will do anything about it.

You walked up to the edge, pulling your hood down. Your H/C hair blew in the wind, your dull eyes scanning over the city.

You were ready to jump. No one could stop you. Or, that's what you assumed.

You climbed over the railing, and you heard a male voice call out to you.

"Hey!" You turn your head around to see a male. You immediately recognized him as Shouto. A pro hero.

Your eyes narrowed. You hated pro heroes. They only care about themselves. Saving people to make themselves look good.

"What the hell do you want?" You turn your head away from him, looking down off the building.

"It's more so what I don't want. Please. Don't jump." The pro hero says softly. You scoff in response.

"Just get out of here. You don't care. You just want to be recognized as a hero. If you save me, then you'll get all the credit." You roll your eyes.

"Look, that's not what I want. You can't jump. You just can't." He steps forward a little.

"And what if I do, huh? Let me guess, 'my family would miss me'? Is that it?" You furrow your eyebrows. "Yeah, right."

"If your parents wouldn't miss you.. your friends would." He says softly.

"I don't have any. Now go." You reply, somewhat quickly.

Shouto pursed his lips. You were serious about this, and he could tell. He didn't know what he could do to make you change your mind. So he just stood there, lost.

"Are you just going to stand there and watch me fall to my death? Or are you going to leave me alone? Either way, I'll die." You don't bother looking at him. He takes a deep breath, and then releases.

"If you don't have any friends, then let me be your friend." Shouto offers.

"You? Seriously?" You chuckle in disbelief. "You're only saying that because you want to help me. Not happening, buddy." You huff, shaking your head.

"Well, you're not wrong. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to help someone out. Do you? There's nothing evil about that." He says bluntly.

"It's only evil if you try and become famous because of it-" Shouto cuts you off

"Are you going to assume that I'm doing this because I want to be famous? That's the last thing I want. You have no idea what my intentions are, so how can you be so sure?" He asks. That made you look at him.

"Well..all heroes are like that. They only help people if it benefits them." Your eyebrows scrunch up.

"All heroes? Even me? The one who is trying to help you?" He questions.

"Obviously." You look away from him.

He sighs, shaking his head.

"If you kill yourself, then I'm doing it too." Shouto says, nonchalantly. He walks up to the railing, also climbing over it.

"You wouldn't-" You narrow your eyes.

"Oh, I most certainly would." He says bluntly.

You just stare at him. He wasn't lying. He was actually going to jump with you.

"Why..?" Your voice was quiet.

"It's proves that not all heroes are as bad as you think. They'd give their life for you, you know." He explains in a calm manner.

You just blink a couple of times. You were surprised. You didn't think anyone would do this for you; especially a pro hero.

You thought about it for a minute. If you died, well, he would too. But, even if you decided to not to commit suicide.. what would you do? You got fired from your job, your house was evicted, and you had no one.

"I'll be your friend."

You remember his words. He seemed sincere about it. You turn your head to him slowly.

"..Are you really going to be my friend?" You ask, your voice quivering a little.

"I don't lie. Ever." He shakes his head, a very light smile appearing on his face.

You stay silent, unaware that tears were pouring out of your eyes. You haven't cried in so long..

And as it turns out;

Someone did do something about it.