Chapter 2

Shaurya elegantly alighted from his vehicle and looked around. Many eyes were on him and they were eager to know the identity of the handsome hunk. He discreetly smiled at everyone and proceeded to the venue. Finally with help of few passerby, Shaurya was able to locate Raziya Aunty and his mother Karuna. They both were surprised and glad to see Shaurya. But Karuna knew her son so well to realise that he wouldn't have come early just to surprise her but had some hidden agenda behind it. And she wasn't wrong.

"Shaurya, so you wouldn't be attending wedding", disapproval was evident in Karuna's voice

"Shaurya, so you wouldn't be attending wedding", disapproval was evident in Karuna's voice. Raziya was also unhappy but she kept mum. "I am so sorry, Ma", Shauyra apologized then turned to Raziya, "Raziya Aunty, I have to fly to NewYork immediately. That's why I came today itself so that I could meet Kainat and wish her". Finally after many apologies both ladies gave in. "I wanted to take you to Sharma house and meet their daughter. Now how will it happen?", Karuna wailed. Shaurya was happy that he no longer has to meet another prospective bride found by his mother. But Raziya quickly intervened, "Karuna, Nehal and her family are already here. Shaurya can her meet now". 

Shaurya was horrified at the prospect of meeting a stranger for marriage , amidst the entire chaos of big fat Indian wedding. "Relax. You can see her from afar and if interested we will proceed", Raziya comforted and he agreed reluctantly. Karuna preferred her son to see the bride without her presence. Raziya was unable to accompany him and she couldn't reach Azaan. Both Shaurya and Karuna had never seen anyone from Sharma family. "How will I identify her?", Shaurya asked. Raziya knew Mehek was so busy with food arrangements that she herself hadn't seen Mehek yet. She had met entire Sharma family except Mehek. She didn't want to overburden Mehek else Raziya would have asked her to take Shaurya to meet Nehal. "She will be sitting beside the bride in white lehenga", Raziya told him as she recalled Nehal's attire.

Mehek ran to the ceremony hall after taking care of arrangements. Just few hours she was away and many problems emerged but once she intervened it all came under control. She knew Kainat will not allow anyone to apply Henna on her palms unless she arrives. She had asked Nehal to cover up for her until she reaches. As soon as she came beside, Nehal left citing some silly excuse. Mehek started applying Mehedi on Kainat. Both friends became emotional while Kaninat's palm was filled with Mehendi. Soon kids cheered her to dance and Mehek along with other girls came before to dance. She gracefully moved to the tune and twirled in pure joy. It was her best friend's wedding and she wanted to enjoy the most.

Shaurya never believed in arranged marriages. And love marriage was not in his cards either, since he hardly went out to meet people. He was content with his bachelor life. Yet he reluctantly agreed to appease his mother. He was 100% sure that he will not be able to give a green signal for marriage just by seeing a person. Still he needs to see her so that he can tell his mother some excuses to avoid the proposal. He looked around and found the area for Mehendi ceremony. Ladies were busy applying henna on their palms and amidst music & dance Shaurya saw his prospective bride for the first time.