Chapter 5

Shaurya's day was going good; infact it was great. He had returned from States with foreign delegates. They were impressed with him and wanted to look into his project in detail. If he managed to get investments from them, his endeavour will be a huge success and he never ever have to look behind. His dream project will be culmination of multiple years of  hardwork and dedication. Only disadvantage was that he got more busy and ended up spending all his time in office. 

A multimillionaire named Thomas Anderson got interested in Shaurya's idea of setting up a chain of affordable boutique hotels across the country. Shaurya's unique concept and innovative ideas made it promising and profitable. Shaurya & his team were giving personal attention to Mr Anderson's team. Needless to say, they were pleased. While Shaurya led Mr Anderson towards his office, he got a glimpse of her. He looked again to confirm that it was his Ladoo. Shaurya was surprised beyond his limits.

"Excuse me, I am here to meet Mr. Shaurya Khanna", Mehek told nervously. The receptionist studied her from top to bottom. Mehek felt conscious but was atleast relieved that she was wearing a decent salwar suit that Raziya Aunty had gifted her for the engagement party. Nehal stayed behind. She was nervously biting her nails. Since engagement party dress code was maroon, both cousins were colour coordinated. "Do you have an appointment?", receptionist asked despite her reservations. Mehek shook her head but quickly added, "Can you please inform him that Nehal Sharma has come to meet him?". Receptionist sighed. She was trained to face unwanted self-invited guests as her job demanded to be polite. "I am sorry Ms Sharma, but I am afraid Mr Khanna is very busy at the moment". "We will wait. But please inform him", Mehek begged. The receptionist nodded although she had already made up her mind to ignore Mehek.

Shaurya was happy that his lady love had chosen to visit him after he landed back in India. It meant that she is also interested in him and wished to spend time with one another. Unfortunately he was so tied up with Mr Anderson that he couldn't even spare a moment for her. He could helplessly glance at her now & then from his office. His heart wanted to leave everything and run to her side but his brain forbid him. A deal of a life time will be ruined if he acted callously as a lover boy. "You seemed to be disturbed, Mr Khanna", Anderson's voice brought back him focus. "Not at all, Mr Anderson", he lied.

Shaurya tried his best to bring back his attention to work. Still he managed to throw glances at his angel who gloomily left the reception desk and retreated to be seated at the waiting area. "You are enamoured by her", Shaurya blushed like a teenage boy at Anderson's comment, "I know that look on your face. Years back I had the same look when I fell in love with a beautiful lady who is my wife now". "That's my fiance", Shaurya explained to Anderson, "Our marriage got fixed soon but we haven't got enough time to spend with each other". Anderson congratulated him, "She is a beauty with innocence. You are a lucky man". Shaurya realised that Anderson has a good eye for details and hardly miss anything. "Let's take a quick break", Mr Anderson declared to his team and turned to Shaurya with a grin, "You have couple of minutes, Young man. Don't lose track of time with her".

Shaurya managed to rush to the reception without gathering more attention. It was hard not to lose his poise and at the same time hurry to meet the lady of his dreams. He was disappointed when he reached his destination . She was nowhere in sight. "The lady in maroon. Where is she?", he asked the receptionist. His employee got the vibes and realised that she was indeed important guest of boss. "Sir, I asked Ms Nehal Sharma to wait but I think they left". Shaurya took a deep breath to calm himself. "Next time she arrives, send her straight to the VIP lounge and inform me ASAP", he barked at her.

"Nehal, what's wrong with you?", Mehek was panting while Nehal dragged her along. "Di, let's forget about it all. I am ready to marry Shaurya Khanna", Nehal declared. The moment she entered his office, Nehal was in awe at the opulence and luxury. She realised that life with Shaurya means wealth and connections. Her dream seemed to be too silly to reject him. Besides Nehal realised that may be he could easily help her achieve her ambitions. "But Nehal...", Mehek was cut off midway by Nehal. "Please Di, I made my choice", Nehal told vehemently. "Fine, if it makes you happy then let it be", Mehek accepted her decision. They walked to parking lot where Aadil was waiting for them. He dropped Nehal at her college and drove Mehek back to Haveli.

Azaan watched Mehek alighting from Aadil's car. She came over to driver's seat and was talking to Aadil. Azaan's blood boiled when he saw her smiling sweetly at Aadil and pinching his arm playfully. Soon they bid farewell and Mehek walked into the haveli. He balled his fist in anger and controlled his urge to break something. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves and walked away after gulping his drink.

Mehek monitored her team who were wrapping up. After being satisfied, she dismissed them and was about to leave when she got pulled into an isolated corner. She wriggled to free herself from the iron grip of Azaan who dragged her with him. "Leave me, Azaan", she yelled at once she realised that he was a bit tipsy. He pushed to nearby wall and shouted, "Stay away from Aadil. He is not the one for you". Mehek's anger was fueled, "Why? What is wrong with Aadil?". Azaan least expected her outburst and was surely taken aback. He never perceived that Mehek could be genuinely interested in Aadil.

"Mehek, what are you saying?", he was visibly hurt. But Mehek didn't care. Infact she felt a bit better to give him back in same coin, "Adil is a nice guy who treats me well. He is good looking and well mannered. You can't stop me if I have feelings for him". "No, I don't believe. You can never fall for another, especially Aadil", Azaan shook his head like an obstinate child. Mehek smirked and tried to leave. "Aadil will hurt you, Mehek. Please don't get involved with him", Azaan's genuine care paused her. "Still it will be far better than what you did Azaan", Mehek sighed and laughed sarcastically, "Anyways thanks for the warning".

In a jiffy, Azaan captured Mehek in his arms and blabbered like a madman, "You cannot love another man. You love me. I can't lose you to anyone". Mehek was aghast by his brashness and struggled to escape, "Leave me, Azaan. I am not your property". "Tell me, you are mine and Aadil means nothing to you. I won't leave until you confess", he was pushing her to submit. "Azaan, you are hurting me. I said leave me", she raised her voice since she started to get scared by his behaviour. He was least affected and his grip tightened on her.

"Azaan!!!!", both Azaan and Mehek were startled by roar of Raziya. She quickly came beside him to slap him hard. It was enough to wake him from drunken stupor and release Mehek. "How dare you humiliate Mehek? I demand your apology", Raziya rebuked him firmly. But Mehek didn't wait for his apology. She dashed out of the scene and sought safety of her abode.

PRECAP: MehRya finally meets one another.