Chapter Five

Belle watches as the building expands to reveal the hidden flat. Sirius had used it for the Order's headquarters. It was left for Harry after his death. She has never been here herself, but the others have mentioned it to her. The group cautiously enter the place, unsure if anyone or any traps are there. 

Just as they enter, a few use Lumos to see in the building. A mass of dust in the form of Dumbledore appears and lunges at them. Hermione lets out a cry in shock, especially when he disappears. The entire group is shook at this.

"Mad-Eye must have put that in place to keep Snape from snooping," she concludes.

"Why don't I get blankets and we spend the night in the den?" Harry offers. "Then we can fully search through the place tomorrow."

Everyone agrees. While Harry goes to the linen closet, Belle notices another room. She goes in to see a wall covered in a tree. Images and names are all over. A few are a burnt off. Including the image of Sirius. They must have been the ones who were cut out from the family over the years. 

She hears footsteps, causing her to turn. Harry is standing at the entrance of the room, staring at her and the wall. She gives him a weak smile and he walks over. He stands behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. Resting his head on her shoulder, they stare at the Black family tree. 

"He was disowned when he left to give live my father," the dark hair boy states. Her hands wrap around the top of his, standing there. "Everyone else is in the den."

She nods her head. Grabbing her hand, he leads her out of the room and to where everyone else is. There are blankets and pillows are set up everywhere. Harry and Belle grab a pillow and set of blankets each. They set up their beds next to each other, lying down. The young couple's hands interlock as they lay there.

''''

C slowly sits up, not being able to sleep. Looking at the clock, it is only seven in the morning. Ron and Hermione have their hands close together, like they fell asleep holding hands. Harry and Belle ended up cuddling part way through the night. The last two are not that surprising. 

"So you're also awake?" she hears. She turns her head to see Jas sitting up, pulling her legs to her chest. Her black mess falls, slightly blocking her face.

"Seems you are too. Nightmares?"

"Same old demigod shit I've dealt with most of my life."

"I get that."

Jas turns towards her.

"We should cut your hair."

"Um... I guess."

The dark hair Ravenclaw leaps up, pulling the other onto her feet. She pulls the blonde into the downstairs bathroom. C watches as she digs through the drawers, finally finding a pair of scissors. The taller girl holds it up in victory before directing her friend to sit on the toilet seat. Jas starts cutting the blonde locks, letting bits flutter to the ground. C listens to the scissors opening and closing, cutting through her hair. 

"So you and George-"

"Yeah. I have always been a bit brash in decisions. And so is he, so we ended up getting married."

"Sounds right. I assume Chiron officiated it?"

"No. Mr. D did since Chiron would have said no."

"I guess that would make sense. Should have at least let Fred and I know."

"You're right." A few more snips. "There. What do you think?"

The Hufflepuff looks in the mirror to see. It is now is just above her shoulders and a bit choppy. Lot lighter than it was before, so she isn't complaining too much. Jas tries to brush off any left over bits of hair on the blonde. 

"Thanks."

"Of course. Maybe next time I'll dye it."

C chuckles a bit. They start to clean up the mess on the floor until they hear a throat be clear. Kreacher, the old House Elf here, is standing at the open door.

"Kreacher will clean this."

"We could get it," Jas offers.

"It is Kreacher's job to make sure Mistress' home is clean."

The two girls step aside so he can do his job. The House Elf still calls it his "Mistress' home", even though she has been dead for awhile. Even when Sirius owned the house, the House Elf would not be friendly to those who would be disliked by Walburga Black. So both learned it is best to avoid Kreacher as much as possible. Especially on Jas' end. 

This is the first time C hasn't heard Kreacher use a slur against her. Though the demigod seems to ignore it most of the time. The two find the rest of the group getting ready for the day. Belle and Harry are placing food on the table for everyone. 

The group sit at the table to start eating. C wastes no time finishing what is on her plate. Belle mentions how the blonde's hair is shorter. The group all take turns, complimenting it. Jas is proud of what she accomplished. 

"We should check the house," Belle states. "Just in case there is anything useful or someone hiding here."

Everyone agrees before heading up to the different levels. Jas, C, and Belle took the top floor. The group look around to see what is going on. C wanders into the room she had been staying in during her fifth year. On a side table is a necklace she had forgotten about a couple years ago. A Golden Snitch on a golden chain. She had received it as a gift what feels like eons ago. 

Cedric thought it would have made a great birthday gift. She must have forgotten to put it back on one day. She lifts it up to look at it fully. Just a reminder of her past. Now she needs to keep fighting to obtain the future she wants. To make sure no one else she loves die. She hears someone behind her. She quickly turn to see her friends. The two girls standing at the door.

"You thinking of Cedric?" Belle asks.

"No," she lies setting the necklace down once again. "Let's go see what the other three found."

The three leave the small room once again, heading back down to the lower floors to find the others.