Chapter Ten

Belle sits next to Harry, the two of them looking at photos she has taken. Just whatever she has found interesting since she is still learning to take good photos.

"I like this one," Harry says, pointing at the one of a sunset reflected on the water. C hurries in with a bag full of food and drinks. She sets it down on the table, plopping on the bench. 

"I got it," Hermione concludes, rushing over. She carries a book over so she doesn't loose her spot. "The Sword of Gryffindor is Goblin metal. Which means it is made to withstand rust and stone."

"And?" Harry asks.

"It absorbs that stuff to make it stronger. When you stabbed the Basilisk our second year, it would absorb the venom."

"That makes sense," C concludes. "I mean considering the fact that Harry used the fang in order to destroy the diary." Everyone looks at her. "I'm not a bloody idiot."

"No one said that," Belle states. She spots the glint of metal around the blonde's neck. "Maybe if you take off the locket."

C's face gets red as she goes to leave. Ron is standing there, confused and annoyed. The Hufflepuff takes it off of her neck and shoves it in the red head's hands. The girl continues and there is a crack as she fully leaves. 

"She has a bloody point," Ron tells the group.

"Don't get started," Harry mutters. 

"I really don't want to hear it from you," Ron snaps. "You have no idea what it is like for C and I. Unsure if you will be hearing your family's name on the radio. Not speaking to him."

"But I do," Belle states.

"Then why do you do this?" He asks. "Dumbledore sent us on a mission to find Horcruxes. But never told you how many or where they are. And now we have to find another item to destroy them. Honestly, I'm done."

He leaves the locket before leaving himself. The three left look among themselves. 

"Well that went to shit very quickly," the prophet states. The other two nod their heads.

''''

Belle lays on her bunk, reading a book Abi had given her. It has been nearly a month since Ron and C left. Not a single word from them. Hopefully they are okay. But the other three had to keep moving after the two left. Hermione storms in with Harry behind her. 

"Tell your boyfriend he is an idiot."

"What did he do this time?"

"I said we should go to Godric Hollows," he states. "It's where he died. It has meaning."

"He's right, Hermione."

The muggleborn throws her hands in the air in annoyance. 

"Fine. But if either of you die, I will bring you back to life to kill you myself."

The group take down the campsite before they apparate to the small town. The entire place is covered in snow. The three had landed outside a graveyard. Harry leads to way until they find his parents' graves. Belle creates a wreath of lilies on the grave site. A bell tolls.

"Merry Christmas," Hermione chimes up.

"Merry Christmas," the other two echo. Belle stands next to Harry and he wraps an arm around her waist. They look at the gravestone, just enjoying this one moment. Snow is even falling lightly, sticking to her eylashes. Hermione calls them over and they look at another. 'Ignotus Peverell'. 

"It's the symbol," Hermione points at the carving in the stone. It is a triangle with a line through it and a circle inscribed. Belle looks out to see an old woman staring at them. Bathilda, a famous witch who sold information to Skeeter on Dumbledore. Belle nudes her boyfriend to show him.

"Come on," he says. He walks over to the woman, who motions to follow her. The four go to an old house that is falling apart. While Harry and Bathilda head upstairs, the two girls look at the books all over the place.

"That was weird," Belle chuckles. 

"I have to agree."

Her hand hits a book and she sees a vision of Bathilda turning into Nagini, Voldemort's pet snake. The girl draws her wand and quickly takes off. Hermione following suit of course. Belle opens the door in time to see the snake lunge at Harry.

"Stupefy," she casts. The snake falls backwards. It tries to go for Belle this time, but Hermione blasts it to the floor below. Belle rushes over to her boyfriend, pulling him onto his feet.

"Are you two okay?" he asks.

"Us?" Belle shrieks. "You were about to be attacked."

"I am fine," he promises. "Let's go before Nagini wakes up."

"Honestly the best idea you've had all day," Hermione concludes. The three apparate and go to find a new campsite.