Chapter Nine

C watches as Harry lays the locket on the ground. She raises her wand at the same time as Harry, Hermione, and Belle. Ron's arm is still healing, so he can't properly hold a wand. They all start casting various spells at the Horcrux in hopes of destroying it. Instead of accomplishing their goal, it would just fly back or with stand any attack. 

After several tries, they back up. All but Harry that is. He keeps trying different spells and attacks in hope of destroying it. Nothing seems to be working though. Even setting it on fire is a waste of time. C slumps on to the ground, watching Harry goes to put the locket on. 

"I don't think that is a smart idea," Belle states as she takes it from him. She puts it on before he could take it back. 

"You are such a pain the arse," he jokes, picking her up. She squeals as she hugs him. Honestly C misses that interaction with Fred. Soon others go into the tent. Belle instead sits by the blonde, looking at the woods.

"I never asked why you go by C," the Gryffindor states. 

"Defiance against my parents when I was younger," the Hufflepuff tells her. "Kind of redundant when I ran away. It stuck though."

"I remembers Ron's face when you told him you go by C."

The blonde chuckles, remembering her first day at Hogwarts. The joy and excitement she felt. How much she misses when life was a bit simpler. She all of a sudden gets up and gets her sketch book on her bunk. Sitting back down by Belle, she opens it up. She wants to show the other some sketches she has done over the past month.

"These are really good," Belle states.

"Thank you. I have improved over the past couple years in my opinion."

C looks out and starts sketching the scenery in front of her. She may have to come back some day when this is all over. It is peaceful, which not enough places are now. Untouched by the cruelties of the war. The two just sit there, keeping a watch out just in case someone comes across them.

''''

Abi and Michael Corner, a seventh year Ravenclaw, sneaks into the room where a first year is being chained up. The poor girl looks battered and bruised, ready to fall. 

"Alohamora," the red head casts at the locks. Michael catches the first year as she falls. "Get her back to the others."

Footsteps start to become clear, getting her worried. The Ravenclaw looks at her.

"I won't let them get to you," he says.

"Don't worry about me," she tells him. "Help her."

He nods his head, agreeing to her. She shows him a secret passage so they can escape. She has to stay behind in order to hide the passage. Honestly these are moments she is glad to have Fred and George as brothers. The Carrow siblings walk in and she faces them. The sister looks at the empty chains.

"Where is she?" the woman snaps, pointing a wand at Abi. The red head goes to sing, but finds her voice left her. The male Carrow is casting some charm to keep her silent. Meaning that she can't sing. The woman casts a spell, sending pain coursing through Abi's body. Her screams are cancelled out by the spell. Tears start to fall down her face because of the pain. How she wants it to end. It feels like fire burning through her body. At the same time cut she is being ripped into pieces. 

"This is what you deserve," the man states. The woman slaps across the face, knocking her over. The spell stops, leaving her weak and in pain. The two siblings drag her to chain her up. She is hanging high enough where her toes barely touch the ground. 

Something hard hits her across the cheek and she lets out a yelp in pain. She silently prays for this to end. But they continue to hit her or use magic to punish her. Out of all the numerous Gods Jas has talked about, at least one of them should hear her. Soon the door flies open and Draco is rushing in. He pulls the siblings away from hurting Abi.

"She was to be off limits," the blond snaps. He undoes the cuffs around her wrists and catch her.

"She interfered with our job," the man states as Draco picks her up bridal style. He is fuming seeing her like this.

"Well do better at watching those in your charge," he snaps, caring the red head out. She eventually becomes unconscious in his arms. It will probably help with her pain. He takes her to the Hospital Wing to get her immediate attention. Madame Pompfrey automatically gets to helping Abi. Ginny and Neville hurry in.

"How did you two get here so quick?" Draco asks.

"Michael Corner," Neville states. "Same as you."

Honestly if the Ravenclaw hadn't found Draco when he did, she could be in a worse condition. Madame Pompfrey tells them she will be okay. The odd part is she let them stay there. Use to be against the rules, but even she doesn't care any more. 

Though Neville leaves to check on the first year a few beds over. Draco pulls up a seat and grab on of her hands. There is a gash on one of her cheeks. Probably more cuts and bruises than what he can see. He can feel Ginny staring at him. Eventually he gives in.

"What?" he asks.

"How can you stand by?"

"I would rather not. But I am doing what I can to protect people I care for."

"Then help us Draco."

"It is not as simple as that. And watch your tongue. What some would give to catch a Weasley talking like that."

"I am not defenseless."

"I know. I have seen you play Quidditch."

Ginny lets out a soft chuckle.

"I guess Slytherin has another decent player than Abi."

"Thanks."

The two just sit there, keeping an eye on Abi. Eventually Ginny falls asleep, so he puts a blanket over her. He remains in his seat afterwards. He thinks of the conversation he had with C last year. If there was another way, he would take it. He looks over at his girlfriend. He has no idea what he would do without her. Whatever it takes, he will protect her.