.013

.013.

"and i know i could be more creative, and come up with poetic lines

"and i know i could be more creative, and come up with poetic lines."

augustine found herself in alaric's office sitting at his desk, with her feet propped on his desk. she looked like a new york style diva at the desk, in her fluffy jacket and he hair cascading down her shoulders. she tried best to ignore kym's flirting with mg, but her jealousy was starting to boil over. she regretted not going with hope now, looking over to sebastian she realized it was too late. if anything wrong were to happen with him augustine would be the first to find him with her hound senses for rippers. "so super speed and immortality? being a vampire is pretty sweet." kym broke the silence once again as she watched mg speed through his reading, unlike augustine who couldn't, she was restricted with her speed, it made her dizzy sometimes. augustine rolled her eyes, hiding her face with the book. kym had a brother that was a vampire, openly to his family. how could she not know about this?

mg chuckled lightly looking to kym. "there's downsides to being a vamp, too. you can hurt people you care about so much, that you have to sacrifice a bond." mg told kym and that made augustine look up from the book over to him. mg let his eyes flicker to augustine and then looked back to kym when she started to talk once more. "well, i don't think you would." kym told him, they were somewhat close and augustine sighed silently to herself, knowing she deserved to watch this.

"well, superspeed or not, i'm not finding anything in dr. saltzman's books." mg changed the subject leaning away once he saw augustine adjust herself in the leather chair as if she was uncomfortable. "me neither, it's a dead cause, i say we just smash its head in and hope for the best." augustine smiled as if she didn't say anything violent. kym and mg looked over to the girl somewhat fearing what she just said and also wondering why she had a smile on her face.

"i-it's because you two got the wrong books. i told y'all, history's my jam. and according to these old wives' tales, this monster's like a venus flytrap or something mixed with an octopus. they stab their food in the throat so their victims can't scream, and then they dissolve them with acid-like saliva until there's nothing left." kym explained to both of them and augustine scrunched her nose, thinking about how ugly the creature could be.

"and by food, you mean people."

"more like liars. legend has it they hunt fools keeping secrets. so let's be completely honest with each other." kym leaned closer to mg with a slight smile. augustine narrowed her eyes and saw how mg was looking at kym's neck, as if it was the last piece of turkey on thanksgiving as if he wanted to feed from her. augustine thought about all the secrets she was keeping and she glad she wasn't on landon duty, but then she thought about who was and almost dropped the book. augustine tossed the book on to the desk and made mg jump.