15 years[p.p]

i based this off an idea from a prompt i read and i FORGOT the authors name but it was a really good idea and i just wanted to write one up. if any of y'all know who the author is please tell me so i can credit!!!

———
32, peter always imagined he would be married, have a few kids, successful job, paying off his MIT debt.

instead he was a 17 year old kid who was driving with his 15 year old sister morgan.

"no we are not listening to that!" morgan laughed as she browsed through her playlist in hopes finding something else.

"last time i checked driver picked the music," peter paused as he snatched the phone back. "shotgun shuts their cake hole." peter smirked and continued looking st the road.

"oh come on high school musical is so old." she mumbled but her eyes widened right away. "i didn't mean-"

peter shrugged cutting her off. "it's fine morgs really." peter tightened his hold on the steering wheel and stared ahead as he thought.

he missed 15 years. the world kept on going and he didn't. ned wasn't blipped and mj was so ned was much older, even had a couple kids. mj was now the youngest sibling out of 3 she used to be the oldest. movies, books, music everything evolved and when he came back he learned that star wars wasn't as cool as before.

he lost his dad and aunt. his dad had aged when he saw him but he looked happy. like having morgan, pepper and peter made him at peace.

he missed morgan's childhood, she was nearly his age. he never meant to overthink like this for it freaked him out but sometimes he couldn't help it.

"you're doing it again." peter snapped from his thoughts to peer over at morgan who looked sorry.

"sorry mo, it's not your fault. sometimes i can't help it after...everything." they both knew he was referring to their dad they lost, who sacrificed himself.

"it's okay we can listen to high school musical." morgan broke the silence and peter chuckled.

"as if i would've allowed anything else."