we start with stars in our eyes{pt.1}

summary: Tony and Mary were peters bio parents. After Mary dies from cancer peter is left in a whirlwind of secrets and new siblings.
Includes: angst, spideychelle, superfamily, pepperony, Harley and Morgan as siblings, death
Idk what this is💀
———

"Pete, it's uhm- it's time to go." Tony spoke gently as he knocked and walked into peters room. Peter sat there dressed in his black suit staring blankly at the floor.

Tony grabbed his shoulder. "Come on bambino." They walked down to the car where happy would drive them to one of the worst days of either of their lives.

"I'll be out in a second Pete." Tony told his son when they arrived. Peter didn't say anything but walked with happy to the building leaving Tony to his own thoughts.

Tony sighed, leaning his head in his hands. "Oh Mary, i don't know how I'm gonna do this with out you." He cried softly. "How im going to stay strong for Pete, how I'm going to have to pack up your things and-" he choked on his tears. "I miss you so much dear." Tony composed himself and stepped out of the car. Glad to know his security did their job and kept the paparazzi away.

———

After they lowered the coffin into the ground, the son and father were the last two to stick around. Peter still not shedding a tear, just numb. Tony kept choking back his sobs hating that this was real.

Eventually he knew they should get going. "Okay Pete, let's go home."

Peter complied quietly and kept his head down. Tony wrapped an arm around his shoulders as they walked. Where you could see happy waiting patiently by the car, saddened by the events of today.

———

10 years earlier

"Mr Stark a woman claims to be the mother of your child is insisting to see you." One of the receptionists said over the phone. Tony sighed.
"Says her name is Mary." Tony's eyes widened. It couldn't be-

"Send her up."

Soon enough the familiar face of Mary Fitzpatrick. But this time she had a hyper energetic, shy five year old who looked just like her.

"Tony, it's been a while." She greeted calmly keeping a hand on the small boys curls as he hid behind his mothers legs.

"Mary, It has." They looked at each other and then Tony looked to the kid and her. "So, is it true or were you just urgent to see me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Tony Stark still arrogant as ever. It's true, peter is yours." She bent down to peters height. "Pete meet Tony, I promise he doesn't bite." She said softly to the obviously scared boy. Peters big brien doe eyes looked at Tony and gave a small wave, which Tony returned.

"Is this why you left me?"

She looked at Tony. "How about we sit down yah? I thinks he's about ready to crash anyways."

They went to the living room where Mary set peter on her lap where he rested his head in the crook of her neck, already falling asleep.

"When I found out I was pregnant I didn't know what to think or do. We had only been dating a year and I didn't want it to end. So instead of risking you leaving me, I left. I lived with my sister in law and had peter. I debated on telling you after he was born but I got cold feet. I thought you wouldn't want anything to do with me and push me out of the way."

"And what made you tell me now?" He looked at the peaceful sleeping boy smiling gently at how cute he was.

"I realized that it didn't matter your reaction, but you should know. I don't get to decide if peter gets a father in his life or not. That's his decision, so. Do you want to be in his life or not?"