06

HAEIN

i was halfway through finishing my story. a notification popped on my phone as i opened it.

tiger 🐯
hI HAEIN :))
umm r u free today?

soonyoung barely talks to me. i usually chat him first but today, it's different. he even asked me if i'm free this day.

HAEIN
uh?
why?

tiger 🐯
oH umm,
can we talk?
it's rlly serious...

HAEIN
oh wow..
never seen you so serious before
hmmm how about we meet at 1?

tiger 🐯
sounds perfect
see you at 1 :>
i'll text you the coffee shop later

HAEIN
sure :)

i looked at my clock and it was almost 1, i got up and shut down my computer. i picked my most comfortable outfit and went outside.

it was freezing as i got thick layers of jacket wrapped around me. i kept my hands on my pockets as i walked down the street.

i sat down at the coffee shop and waited for soonyoung. there were a few people drinking coffee, doing tasks and people were busy.

a man stands in front of me, "am i that late?" he asked concernedly "oh no, i just got here." i gave him an assuring smile.

he sat down in front of me as i handed him his coffee. "i ordered your favorite." i smiled at him. "ah," he scratches his head "i was suppose to treat you."

"oh...it's fine." he smiled at me as he took a sip from his coffee. "so...what is it you want to talk about?" i asked him.

he placed down his coffee and cleared his throat.

"haein," he sighs "i'm sorry if i'm like this...believe me, i'm a man and i can do better than this." i giggled at him "you're such a cutie but go ahead." his face lit up.

he took a deep breath and looked at me, directly in the eyes. "haein, i'm ready to accept whether it's a good or bad result but..." he pauses and leans forward.

"i like you."

i placed down my coffee and looked at him. he was nervous and he was stuttering. i took his hands and comforted him.

"i understand how you feel." i told him as i kept rubbing his hands "you're so cold, are you—" "no, it's fine. i'm a man." i giggled.

i tightened my grip on his hands, "soonyoung, i know how you feel towards me. but... for the mean time, i have no interest in dating. i hope you understand." i gave him a soft smile.

he sighed and breathed. "wow, that was a very heavy thing on my shoulder...thank god i let it all out." i chuckled "haein, i understand.. i mean i knew that you won't answer me—"

"i would answer you. i feel like it's not the perfect time for me to be in a relationship." he nodded and smiled. "can we still be friends? i don't want it to be awkward." soonyoung shyly asks.

"of course. you're the bravest friend i have ever met. you're like a tiger." the statement made him smile widely. "thank you, haein." i nodded and smiled "you're welcome, tiger."

"it's kind of sad that you have no interest in dating." i frowned and looked at him "why?" i asked.

"jun likes you, though." he looked around "don't tell him i told you." i nodded "your secret is okay with me." i smiled.

"anyways, yeah, jun likes you and he keeps talking about you endlessly." soonyoung chuckled.

i didn't know jun was doing that.

"he only does that when minghao's not around." we both chuckled.

i don't want my hopes to get up.

-

i'm sorry if this WAS lame¿? honestly, i feel like my stories are making non sense and it's not for fun anymore idk might as well stop writing :/