07

HAEIN

it's been a week and jun hasn't come back yet. he didn't reply to any of my messages and didn't even read them. i was sad and worried at the same time.

to be honest, it's almost two weeks since he's gone. i kept opening my phone, wishing to have a single message from him.

suddenly, i asked myself.

why am i even waiting for him?

why am i so worried and sad?

i stood up and walked in my bedroom. i opened my computer and it was halfway done. but i couldn't complete it somehow.

it's missing something.

suddenly my phone rang. i immediately took it and i sighed loudly. it's just minghao. i lazily answered the call and played with my post it note.

"hey, can you come to this coffee shop?" minghao asks "hmm? why?" i asked in confusion "don't ask! it's urgent, so come here faster!" he hung up.

i put my phone in my purse and lazily stood up.

arriving at the coffee shop, i parked my car and walked out. i opened the door and looked at the crowd. i can't see minghao anywhere.

my phone buzzed.

hao 🐸
i'm on the corner
:)

weird.

minghao never puts a smiley face. i looked at the corners and then someone caught my eye.

no, i was probably dreaming or hallucinating again.

it can't be jun.

he gave a soft smile which i missed and he invites me. i mindlessly walked towards him and sat across him.

is this for real?

"i used your brother's phone because i broke my old phone and didn't get the contacts." he chuckled.

he's really back.

"how dare you." i pouted. his smile drops, "what, why? did i do something wrong?" he asks "yeah you did! you ignored my messages and i got worried-"

well, fuck.

"ohh, so you're worried for me, huh." he smirks "i'm sorry, haein. i stayed a few days in china because i had to fix some things there." he gave a chuckle.

"i'm back." he smiles.

i'm glad that you're back.

"so..." he sips on his coffee. "i heard that soonyoung confessed his feelings for you last week." he spoke.

"u-uh, yeah." i replied nervously "did you answer him?" he asked.

"i didn't."

"aww," he pouts "why though?"

because i love you.

"he's a very gentleman and he's good at everything! soonyoung is probably every girls' dream boyfriend!" he chuckles.

i gave a forced laugh.

i thought he'd be jealous about it. i was too attached to think that he likes me back. my mood suddenly went down.

of course, why would a handsome wen junhui would like to date me?

i'm unattractive plus i'm definitely not his type.

was soonyoung lying? does he know that i like him? is this his intentions?

no. soonyoung is a good man.

"haein?" jun waves his hand in front of me and that made me go back to my senses. i suddenly want to pop like a bubble.

i had high hopes of him liking me back.

my assumptions are so wrong. i guess i'll just have to stick with him as my 'fake' boyfriend.

there's probably no chance.

"are you okay?" he asks concernedly. "y-yeah...i'm fine." i breathed. i stood up and bowed at him. "i'm sorry, i have to go."

"wait," he holds my wrists "let me take you home."

decline it. he has no feelings for you.

tears almost fell out of my eyes. "i-i'm fine. i can go home alone." i gave a him an assuring smile.

"you're leaving so soon? i'm planning to take you to the mall today." he gives a sad tone.

"u-uh.. i'm sorry i can't." i left before he notices that i was slowly crying.

i immediately went to my car and cried out.

why am i crying over a boy?

is this what love feels like?

if it is,

i don't want to fall in love ever again.