Moonlit Eyes

"M-Midoryia?" His voice was deep and sleepy, "are you alright?"
"I-I'm sorry if I woke you. I-I just..." I quickly realized how bad of an idea this was, "um, I just wanted to check on you."
"Check on me?" His voice was still groggy. He shifted his weight against the door frame, propping himself up with his arm.
"Y-Yeah, I-uh.. I had a dream that you were killed. So, I was worried." This is a lot more embarrassing than I thought it would be. My line of sight dropped to the floor.
"Oh," a smirk formed on his face as he laughed lightly, "you had a nightmare about me?"
"Uh, y-yeah, I guess I did." I nervously ran my fingers through my chaotic mess of hair.
"Come inside." He stepped aside, showing the way into his room.
"Uh, o-okay." I hesitantly crossed into the doorway. What am I doing? Why did I bring myself here?
Once I was in the room, my eyes immediately noticed the drawn curtains, revealing a stunning midnight aerial view of the campus.
"Wow." I gasped as the view pulled me in.
"Heh, yeah. I said the same thing." He closed the door behind him.
"It's beautiful, but how can you sleep with all of the light?" I turned to him. He was still standing by the door.
"Moonlight helps me sleep. I did the same thing at home. Of course, my view wasn't nearly as good there though." His body remained motionless against the door.
"You definitely have the best view." I smiled.
"Yeah, I do." His beautiful eyes pierced through me. I glanced away shyly. Why did I come here again? Oh yeah, to embarrass myself even more. The air was still. No sounds from anywhere. I hate awkward silence. I looked back at him, catching him mid-yawn.
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. You can go back to sleep. I'll leave." I hastily walked to his door, reaching for the doorknob before he planted his hand against the door frame, barricading my way out.
"You can stay here, if you want. You can sleep in my bed." My whole body froze in place except for my heart that started racing.
"With you?" The words came out of my mouth before my brain could process them. Why did I say that? I didn't mean it like that, dammit! I looked up at him to see him smiling back at me.
"If you want, sure. Or, I could sleep on the floor if you prefer." My heart skipped and my body tensed again.
"Oh no, I wouldn't make you sleep on your floor. I could sleep on the floor." I stepped back.
"You can sleep on my bed, Midoriya. I don't mind the floor. I promise." His body relaxed again as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.
"No, I'll take the floor." I took a couple of steps back until I was in the middle of the room. I crossed my legs and planted myself on the floor. He shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to climb onto his bed, laying on his stomach with his arms crossed under his head. His sleepy eyes locked with mine, captivating me.
"There's an extra blanket and pillow in the closet if you want it." He mumbled.
"Oh okay, thank you." I opened the closet, revealing a handful of clothes. Wow, he wasn't kidding when he said he didn't have much. I pulled the blanket and pillow out, setting up a spot on the floor to sleep. I laid on the floor and spread the blanket over me. Oof, the floor is super cold. My body instantly curled up to retain heat.
"Are you still cold?" He asked softly.
"A little, but I'll be okay." I replied softly with a smile.
"No, you won't." He sat up and began to pull his grey hoodie off over his head, which in turn pulled his shirt slightly up, revealing his waist. There were numerous scars all over his body, some very deep and some faded. My breathing halted at the sight.
"Todoroki..." I muttered. He tossed his hoodie at me and yanked his shirt back down.
"What?" His gaze met mine once again.
"Um," I wasn't sure if I should say anything or not, but I wanted to understand. "You have so many scars." I mumbled, holding onto his warm hoodie.
"Yeah..." He pressed his back against the wall, "I didn't mean for you to see them. I'm sorry."
"What? Why are you sorry?" I sat up, observing his dimly lit face.
"They're awful."
"Did you get them from training?" I asked softly.
"... No." His face expressed pain. I stood up and sat on the edge of his bed.
"Well, how?" Worry filled my mind.
He sighed deeply before pulling his shirt up over his head, slowly revealing every inch of his torso. There were so many scars on his toned body, long and short. There were bruises scattered everywhere too, some still purple and some nearly healed. He leaned back, propping himself up with the wall again.
"Todoroki..." My heart winced.
"This is what happens when you don't live up to your father's standards. Every mistake I've made there was some sort of punishment. Whether it be him pushing me harder or taking his anger out on me."
"Your father did this?" Tears coated my eyes.
"Yes, ever since he started training me." He took in another deep breath, his chest rising and then descending on the exhale.
"I had no idea. I'm so sorry." My voice trembled, I have been so lucky with my mom. I knew this, but I never realized how much until now.
"It's okay, it isn't your fault. I no longer live there." He smiled at me, but the tears already started streaming down my cheeks.
"Was he the reason you would always be in pain in class?"
"Sometimes, yes. Especially when he found out that I've been hanging around you a lot. He hates that I'm gay, so he thought punishing me would change my sexuality." His eyes glistened in the moonlight.