7

-
7: The Impressions
-

The day that Marinette's father rode back into town, he quickly went to his cottage to see his wife sitting there, looking like she had been sobbing for hours on end. He hugged her immediately, and she sobbed more into his shirt. "Oh Tom! Where's Marinette?" She sniffled.

"She's... the monster took her for me to be set free... she's there and I have no idea if she's alive or not but we need to do something if-" a knocking at the door startled the two. Tom answers to see Luka standing there with a pitcher and some flower. "Hello Mr. Dupain Cheng, I came to check up on your wife. Was something the problem the other day? I thought you guys were heading to Paris" He said.

"Oh dear boy, we need to tell you the whole story" Tom ushered in Luka and their conversation starts...
----------------------

Chat Noir woke up in his bedroom, surprisingly. Getting up off the pile of furs he had compiled onto the broken bed, he ached and groaned. His neck, tightly wrapped in bandages, felt the most painful, so he loosened the wrapping a tiny bit.

None of the staff could do that. He use to lick them away. But now they were not bleeding like they use to for days. He suspected it was the girl that did this. Maybe for his forgiveness? Who knows but her.

He also found he was dressed too. His fur was damp though, so he shook slightly to get it to be a bit more dry. He went out and down to the dining room, but just before he went in he heard her voice. "Do you think he would wake up? Oh I do hope so. It would suck a lot if he dies..." She said through the muffled door.

"I am awake" he said and stepped through. She looked a bit startled but sat down in a chair a bit aways from his. "Did I ask for you to sit with me?" He frowned. She stood immediately. "You didn't, but I assumed otherwise since you let me the other day" she said, flatly. He grumbled. "I don't know if that was a good choice or a bad one. Sit down" he sat down and gestured for her to sit too.

She didn't know where to sit. "Sit down. Anywhere" he ordered again and she quickly sat down right in the chair next to him. It was quiet. The breakfast hasn't been served and they stared at their empty plates quietly. She glanced up at studied him. He was rather angry looking, though he probably was concentrated on his fingers right now. He was picking at them.

"Thank you for saving my life yesterday" she said suddenly. He glared at her. "What? Uh... Your welcome... Uh" he stopped. "Marinette. My name" she said. He blinked. "Oh. Yes. And thank you for saving mine as well, Marinette" he said. She smiled subtly and said, "are you feeling better? I asked some of your people to take you to your bedroom and so... I didn't know when you would awake."

"I am fine. You did this?" He pointed to his neck. "Yeah... B-be careful, that wound was very deep and I stitched it up a little. You need to clean it properly for a while before doing anything too crazy-" and the food came out just in time before Chat Noir could protest.
------------------

Luka was astonished. Marinette was kidnapped? He couldn't believe their story, but the fact that Marinette wasn't here right now made it seem believable. He nods. "Ok. Well, what are we doing here still? We need to report this to the police! The kidnapper must release her! We must rescue her!" He demanded. "Oh but my dear, he can't be stopped! He's... He's... A monster!" Sabine said.

Luka couldn't believe that now. "Monster? Of course he is for taking your beautiful girl. Nevertheless, if he is as monstrous as you proclaim, we must stop him before he tries to kill her or something" he says. The two looked scared. Luka could tell that he couldn't get them to rally up to save Marinette. They're probably scarred for life.

He huffed. "I'll save Marinette for you guys. She will be in great hands, ok?" He promises. The two nod. Luka smiled and left the house to start getting supporters for the rally.