15

-
15: The New Face
-

Luka bumps right into the two girls and quickly retracts. "I-Im sorry. Hi Marinette, hi Alya" he waved. Marinette looked down but waved slightly. Alya shrugged and rubs Marinette's shoulders. "Whatcha doing here Luka? Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for the concert in the tavern tonight? Tonight is the lantern festival, remember?" Alya said.

"Yeah, I am... But I came to pick up a dress for my sister. She's busy getting ready with Rose" he said. Alya nods but didn't exactly care too much. "We'll be on our way then" Alya said, taking Marinette with her. "Oh, goodbye then. See you two at the concert" he said. Alya shot up a hand and waved backwards while she was walking away.

"I hate that he just now wants to speak to me" Marinette mumbled. "Don't be mad at him, Mari. He was just trying to bring you home. I bet he knows you're mad at him, so he's letting you steam" she said. "I'll always be mad. I could've saved him Alya. I could've saved Adrien" she said, tears starting to come into her eyes.

"Well... There's today. And there's the future. Don't linger on the past. Maybe there's a ray of hope somewhere in this future. There's always another way than the written way" Alya suggests. "Another way" Marinette murmured and the two walked into the crowd, heading to an important conversation, and a meeting with a new face.
----------------

Alya and Marinette walk into the small cafe on the main street. People glance up but payed little to no attention, despite Marinette being the buzz of the town. They were half expecting these people to run her over with questions. But no.

Marinette went to the counter and Alya went to get a seat. She looked over the counter to see a raven haired girl working it, pouring the last amount of tea that was in the pot. "Hello. I will like two cups of chamomile tea please" she said when the girl turned around. She realized she wasn't from this place. She's a foreigner.

"Oh. Ok. Coming right up" the girl nods. Marinette had questions for her now. "Are you new here? What is your name?" She moved aside to let the next person in line get what they want. "Oh uhm, my name is Kagami. And yes, I am new here. Just came here about a week ago" Kagami shrugged, starting up the teapot. So she has been here for the rumor. Kagami turns on the burner really hot which made flames lick the sides. She turns it down quickly.

"Oh! Be careful with the teapot, it could get burned at the bottom" Marinette said. She forgot it wasn't Tiki. She forgot they don't exist now... "Oh? It's ok, I wash the bottom every time I set a new pot. But thanks for the concern. Are you from here?" Kagami asks as she ushers another person to work at the register.

"Yes and no. I too am... Realtively new here. I am from Paris" she said. "Paris?! Oh how I wish to go there! That's where my dad is working" she smiled. "Oh wow... that's really cool. It's pretty, but very crowded. What are you doing here instead of Paris though?" Marinette frowned. Kagami hands her the tea cups filled with the tea.

"I have a prophecy to fulfill" Kagami said and continued working. Prophecy? Marinette payed and went to sit down with Alya at the seat farthest from the counters. "What were you talking about. Also, thanks for the tea" Alya pays her the half that she owed.

"No problem. She's new here. Her name is Kagami. She said she's here to fulfill a prophecy?" Marinette looked over to the counter again to see her busy. "That's kinda crazy. Did she say what kind? There's no such things as prophecies" Alya said with a wave of her hand.

"She could help me help the beast" Marinette whispered. "Speak up, Mari-" "I said, she can help me save the beast!" Marinette bursts out of her chair and walks back to the counter, finally realizing what she needed to do. "Hey Kagami! Why don't you come over to my house later? I want to discuss something with you."
------------------

The End

------------------

Hey everyone! This is the end of book 1. You can head to read Beauty and the Curses, book 2, out now!

I love you guys so so much! Au Revoir and happy reading!

~Lemmix