9

-
9: The Talk
-

In the parlor where Chat first met Marinette's parents, Marinette and him sat there. She was curled up on the sofa with a fluffy blanket and a cup of herbal tea, while Chat stared into the fireplace intently.

He desperately wanted to talk to her and tell her that he was sorry for everything. For basically being her jailer, for hurting her feelings so many times in just the past day, and just being a horrible person. No, not a person. A beast.

"You know, my past wasn't the best. My family and I came from Paris before we settled here. Paris was full of vanity and beautiful people... Which is why I grew up wanting to be a designer" she said, finally breaking the silence. "Do you... Still want to design?" He asks. She shifted her body to face him better.

"Yeah, but I'm not really in the place for it... We moved here because we couldn't afford to live there anymore. But maybe a new change of scenery would start us on a better track for reversing that debt" she sighed. "I'm... Sorry" he shifted in his own seat. "Yeah, well... It's definitely prettier here than in Paris. It's got it's perks... I made new friends... A possible suitor.." she started sniffling a bit.

He moved over to the sofa she was on and placed a paw on her shoulder. "I... Suck for keeping you here. You should be able to persue your dreams... But I feel if I let you go, I will lose my mind" he sighed. She looked at him with teary eyes. "I can't leave here, it would be unfair to you.. I just thought about how many people would be worried for me... Especially Luka" she sets down her tea and wipes her eyes.

"I'd take it he's your potential suitor..?" He frowned. "In his mind he is... I just see him as a friend. I really don't have any intentions to get married so quickly... But I don't mind the possible dates once and a while... Maybe courting in the future... But I'd rather move back to Paris again" she lays her head against his shoulder, which made him shudder a bit.

Then Chat thought of something he hadn't thought of in a while. "Come with me. I will show you Paris."
-----------------------

The library was one of the biggest rooms Marinette had seen in this tour, besides the ballroom. She watched him dig into drawers upon drawers of stuff and then he moved to another desk. "Where did I put it" she heard him mumble a few times. "Do you need help?" She asked. He stopped, looked at her, and then kept going. She rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Ok. It's got to be here" he said at the last desk and finally pulled out something he was looking for. A mirror. "That's what was all the commotion over?" She asked, a bit intrigued. He nods and hands it to her. "Take it. I certainly don't use it, as you can tell" he said. "Wh... Well it's just a mirror. Why wouldn't you?" She frowned. "Because I hate mirrors for one, and secondly it's also enchanted" he explained.

She blinked. It shouldn't have been a surprise, especially since she's talking to a mysteriously large cat beast creature. She shrugged it off. "How does it show me Paris?" She looks over on the back to maybe find a button to "turn it on." He turns it around again so she can see her reflection.

"Just think of whatever you want to see in your head, and it'll take you there. I haven't used it, but I know it works because I was gifted it along with... Nevermind" he said. "So I just..." She looks into the mirror and closes her eyes. When she opens again she sees that her and Chat Noir were standing on a sidewalk in the middle of Paris.

Something grand was being built just a mile away, and she could see it was going to be a castle. "Oh! I didn't expect this!" She said. She looked down at her clothes to see they had gone from being her clothing of arrival to a beautiful dress. It wasn't a ball gown, but it was just a casual evening wear dress in red. She looked to see Chat Noir had changed too.

But she didn't expect to see that he had changed into a man. She gasped and pointed at him. "Look! You're a human!" She said. "What? Oh!" He looks down at himself. He was wearing a black cloak over his body, and his head had a black hat with cat ears sticking out of them. He had a black mask on though, so Marinette couldn't really catch all the details of it. He smirked.

"I should use this mirror more often" he concluded and grabs her hand with his gloved one. "Don't let go of the mirror, the illusion would vanish. Let's go on a stroll, shall we?"