12

-
12: The Truth
-

Luka didn't want to waste his chances of losing Marinette. She had to be out in the forest somewhere...

He had managed to get Alya, Nino, Rose, Juleka, Ivan, and Mylene to accompany him on this journey with little to no pay. They in turn brought some more people and it became a mob for once.

He was so relieved that people would band together for her, especially since they won't be receiving much of anything for doing this either. She was not going to go missing for 2 days and not have a search crew. Some people brought weapons in case there really was a monster keeping her away. But Luka didn't see any castle.

He led the way through the dark forest with everyone, not knowing there was a battle about to brew...
----------------------

Chat Noir had taken grip of Marinette's hand and taken her up the stairs to the west wing. She was never introduced to this section of the castle, and it looked more tattered and darker than the candle lit halls of the east wing.

"What happened here?" She asks, trying to get him to look back at her by yanking his hand too. He glanced back and kept a steady pace. "Me. Nothing much but my horrible temper tantrums throughout the years... Regretful, and definitely not forgotten" he sighed. She nodded.

Scratch marks on the wallpaper, paintings of sophisticated looking people torn and on the floor. He opens a door to a very messy room that was covered in filth and torn up sheets, paintings, and just things. Lots of items.

"I take it this is your room?" She said. "Y-yeah uhm... Sorry it's messy. I need you to stay here. I will be back once I get more news on the people coming in" he said. She frowned but before she could do anything or say anything, he rushes out. Why, of all places, would he bring her here? Her room was fine.

She sat down at the edge of a broken bed and looked around at the mess he created. There was a pile of fur just clumped up in a corner of a pile of clothes. He had an overturn desk, and pencils laying all over. She looked closely at a painting, and noticed that it looked vaguely familiar, almost like what Chat looked like in Paris.

This portrait of the man looked older though, and he was scratched in the front of his face. She put together the shreds and the eyes she saw were an angry stormy gray. "He looks evil" she said aloud, shuddering and turning away from the painting.

She didn't really know where the light source was coming from. She assumed the towering pile of boxes would make the light source appear more, so she went to the boxes and started shifting things. Boxes upon boxes of clutter and old furniture that didn't look sentient. The sounds of crickets and breeze made Marinette believe there was a balcony.

When she took a box off, she was able to see the brightness of the moon on the balcony. She couldn't believe that it was already night time, so close to midnight based on the position of the moon. She also couldn't believe the balcony was actually cleaner than the rest of the room. There was a dome glass display with a wooden hand inside. On the hand was a black ring, and it was blinking.

She went to the dome glass and lifted it up, completely entranced at the ring. When she took the ring off, the beeping became more apparent. There was a cat paw on the ring, and only the paw itself was glowing even though it looked like the claws were suppose to glow too. She puts it on and suddenly had a very bad headache.

The darkness of outside suddenly started racing backwards and days and nights pass by rapidly. Only she could see this happening. The racing back of the clock stops and it's mid-day. She was facing the balcony and saw a tidy and wonderful garden.

"Mama!" A small child yells behind her, and Marinette whips her head around to see a small blonde haired child race to a woman standing at the doorway. "Adrien, walk slowly!" She chided and hugged the child. It didn't seem like they could see Marinette. "Adrien?" Marinette whispered to herself.

The room was tidy too, and very grand. The bed was a small child's bed, there were toys stacked neatly against a shelf. "Let's get going Adrien, we are going to miss your aunt's tea party!" She said to him. Adrien giggled and the two walked out and closed the door behind them.

Suddenly, not even a second later, the door bangs open to a sight of an older boy. "I don't understand, father! Paris is just a day away, and it's not like I'm going with strangers! I'm going with my aunt and cousin Felix!" He crashes onto the suddenly new bed. This was probably the same Adrien she saw just a few seconds ago. She hadn't even noticed the time had went by so quickly either.

"It doesn't matter, Adrien. You cannot join them in their ventures. I specifically told you that you can't leave the palace till you turn 15" his father said. "But father I am almost 15 in just a few months! Please!" He cried. "Enough, young man. You cannot argue with me" his father boomed. "That is no way to speak to your own son like that, sir! Show some compassion!" Marinette screamed.

Just then, the king looked up and stared at her. He scowls at her, like he actually acknowledges her existence. "Let's go Adrien, you are going to miss your riding lessons" he grumbled. "One day I'm gonna ride my horse right out of here without you" Adrien said back, but no response came from his father. He stared at Marinette till they left the room.

Suddenly, Marinette wasn't standing in the room anymore. She was in a formal office, and there were two men seated. The man at the seat of the desk was Adrien's father. The other was an old man. "Are you sure about this, sir?" The old man asked. "Yes. Adrien has become too selfish for his own good. I need to put him in his place and teach him a lesson" his father said. "He will hate you, and you will have to sacrifice yourself to this" the man said. "It doesn't matter if he hates me or not, he will not even know I was the one who wanted the curse placed on him anyways... whatever it takes to put my ignorant son down, I will do it. Besides," he looked at Marinette. "Someone will break the curse for him. It'll all come to plan."

Another loud bang of a door made Marinette turn around, and it was suddenly night time. She's in Adrien's room again. Candles flickered out, the moon was full and illuminating the dark room. A booming roar made Marinette fall to the floor. Things started getting thrown left and right. Chat was scratching everything down, breaking the bed frame, throwing small vases and things against the wall. He runs to the balcony and lets out a howl Marinette could describe to be full of pain and hurt.

"Why!! Why me!!" He screamed into the night. "Adrien calm down!" Marinette yelled at him. She was sobbing, and she figured there will be no end unless she took off the ring. She threw it a bit aways from her, and the illusion fades. The crickets came back, and so did Chat Noir. She finally knew the truth.